can my cousin sponsor me

Old Jan 5th 2012, 7:53 am
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice
Default can my cousin sponsor me

can he sponsor me to get a work permit and to work for him , if im in canada as a tourist and he already has opened a new business but cant find a worker? this is in alberta , and he produces parts for oil companies
Old Jan 5th 2012, 7:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can my cousin sponsor me

Originally Posted by soccer203
can he sponsor me to get a work permit and to work for him , if im in canada as a tourist and he already has opened a new business but cant find a worker? this is in alberta , and he produces parts for oil companies
He can apply for a LMO for you, no problem. He'd need to prove that no Canadians that could do the job have applied though, and you'd need to have relevant work experience/skills.

HTH.

Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:21 am
Banned

soccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nicesoccer203 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
He can apply for a LMO for you, no problem. He'd need to prove that no Canadians that could do the job have applied though, and you'd need to have relevant work experience/skills.

HTH.

just my willigness to work for him without special skills is not enough hmm, but if he cant find any1 can i still be in a game
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:30 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

just my willigness to work for him without special skills is not enough hmm, but if he cant find any1 can i still be in a game
Nope.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:00 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

unfortunately there are many Canadians without special skills that would be willing too.

He has to show HRSDC why you (a potential immigrant) are qualified enough to take a position away from a Canadian.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:21 pm
Banned

so its a non immigrant thing? i own a house in europe , and im qualified for a much more paid job that i could be doing anytime on a crude oil carrier, but as im still young 24, i wanna explore world and stay couple of years in canada, travel it from vc to tdot and have fun . i will probably look as a potential immigrant and who knows i may fall in love with alberta, but as i said i own a house and its possible that my uncle who is very old gives me all his land plus our old fam house
Old Jan 5th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on your nationality, maybe a working holiday visa might suit your needs?
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:47 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

so its a non immigrant thing? i own a house in europe , and im qualified for a much more paid job that i could be doing anytime on a crude oil carrier, but as im still young 24, i wanna explore world and stay couple of years in canada, travel it from vc to tdot and have fun . i will probably look as a potential immigrant and who knows i may fall in love with alberta, but as i said i own a house and its possible that my uncle who is very old gives me all his land plus our old fam house
I get the 'yooff' element of the sodding internet, but....does this mean that every young person has to be utterly illiterate and grammar free? I have spent years working in the oil industry sorting out the English for lots of bods, but the above just takes my breath away! I have just opened my eyes, and this post has set the tone for a really cranky day! I am tapping away on a bloody ipad, but would choose death before writing the above. I am presuming, I hope correctly, that this is a wind up?
Old Jan 5th 2012, 7:05 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I get the 'yooff' element of the sodding internet, but....does this mean that every young person has to be utterly illiterate and grammar free? I have spent years working in the oil industry sorting out the English for lots of bods, but the above just takes my breath away! I have just opened my eyes, and this post has set the tone for a really cranky day! I am tapping away on a bloody ipad, but would choose death before writing the above. I am presuming, I hope correctly, that this is a wind up?
Let's presume for the moment that this isn't a wind up.

OP whilst you may have qualifications coming out of your ass, unless they are directly related to the job you intend on doing for your cousin, it unfortunately mean JS, neither does the fact that you own a house in Europe, nor that your super old uncle might die and leave you everything.

As was suggested try the IEC programme, you are young enough and that way you get an open work visa (which means you an work for whoever you like - icluding your cousin) valid for a year, that can be reapplied for at its completion and get another one.

It is only valid for a year at a time and can only be renewed once, but within those 2 years you might find a way to stay permanently.
Old Jan 5th 2012, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MillieF

lol, I hope your day improves

It's not just the kids, it's becoming more and more acceptable it seems, to miss-spell and "type lazy"

I've even caught my sister at it, and she's 45 , and she's doing it on purpose, for example, on a recent Facebook post she writes about Edinburgh...

"Had t most fab couple of days in t Capitol, great food, great hotel and great company"

Really? she can't be bothered to use the word "the"?

Yes, I did slag her on Facebook for that one
Old Jan 5th 2012, 11:37 pm
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
lol, I hope your day improves
I think it did Dave. I got so hopping mad about the OP I attacked the house like the domestic goddess that I'm not. At least the house is now all spinkly spankly. I normally try to be pleasant on line, and I do accept that times are changing but....something about this post just gave me the pip! That's why I still think it's a wind up, and if it is, it worked.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 12:51 am
BE user by choice

Mandy - you are right, and I'm wrong, it's not a wind up. OP is Croatian. Apologies OP, my Croatian isn't great either, and I was being crabby, however, whilst Europe may be a bit troubled presently, please Do give it a capital E at the very least.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 1:48 am
Banned

for people who are willing to help , and not judge , my grammar is pretty decent , but i guess it is not for someone , who i now feel sorry for , im really sorry also because i havent had that same privilage to be born in a really developed country , but was born only 3 years before DOMOVINSKI RAT so i had to skipp going to school , there was war outside , i was playing with empty bazookas i didnt have that privilaged life most of you guys had, i still sometimes blame my parents for not leaving croatia and going to canada or usa as refugees because my father is a great patriot , he fought in a war and not he has 50 pct disability because he got shot. how many of your parents were shot and have to live with PTSp and how many would still be concerned about grammar if you were to take care of your family because your father cant . I mean I know there are people who only judge , and i know there are people who are willing to help , and if you ar willing to judge please ignore all my posts . I have had 273 TEOFL score , 1250 SAT score , i have a college diploma from MARITIME UNIVERSITY OF SPLIT . english gramman is the least of my problems
Old Jan 7th 2012, 11:29 am
BE user by choice

I agree totally, perhaps without the pathos - I thank God daily (with a capital G) and have done my best to give my bit back. I worked in a Palestinian refugee camp for many years, before using my experiences to better paid endeavors elsewhere.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 3:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

for people who are willing to help , and not judge , my grammar is pretty decent , but i guess it is not for someone , who i now feel sorry for , im really sorry also because i havent had that same privilage to be born in a really developed country , but was born only 3 years before DOMOVINSKI RAT so i had to skipp going to school , there was war outside , i was playing with empty bazookas i didnt have that privilaged life most of you guys had, i still sometimes blame my parents for not leaving croatia and going to canada or usa as refugees because my father is a great patriot , he fought in a war and not he has 50 pct disability because he got shot. how many of your parents were shot and have to live with PTSp and how many would still be concerned about grammar if you were to take care of your family because your father cant . I mean I know there are people who only judge , and i know there are people who are willing to help , and if you ar willing to judge please ignore all my posts . I have had 273 TEOFL score , 1250 SAT score , i have a college diploma from MARITIME UNIVERSITY OF SPLIT . english gramman is the least of my problems
No point doing that. They were doing what they thought was right at the time for all concerned.

Its time for you to do the same with your life.