Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

can I visit Canada by Car on PR visa first time. ?

can I visit Canada by Car on PR visa first time. ?

Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

bharatgajjar is an unknown quantity at this point
Question can I visit Canada by Car on PR visa first time. ?

I live in NY with my family, and we gonna get our PR visa as I have got my grant letter so,

Now after getting visa, Can we go Canada by car for just stamping and PR # apply ?? coz from my place to toronto is 500 miles only. and 1 more thing I need to return within a week time. coz as my job is continue here. and I am plaaning to move by around Jan-2009.

Is it possible, ? what things needs to be care ?

Thanks.
Bharat
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:58 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can I visit Canada by Car on PR visa first time. ?

Hi

Originally Posted by bharatgajjar
I live in NY with my family, and we gonna get our PR visa as I have got my grant letter so,

Now after getting visa, Can we go Canada by car for just stamping and PR # apply ?? coz from my place to toronto is 500 miles only. and 1 more thing I need to return within a week time. coz as my job is continue here. and I am plaaning to move by around Jan-2009.

Is it possible, ? what things needs to be care ?

Thanks.
Bharat
1. Yes.
2. You need to have to your goods to follow lists, (include the car) if you intend to import it. An address in Canada for your PR card, if you don't you have 6 months to supply one, passports with COPR, proof of settlement funds.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

cooldude is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bharat,

I think you can go by car in canada but you need visitor visa. we have been to canada for personal trip. you can get tourist visa in hours time in buffalo office if you go early morning.

hope this helps.

CD
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cooldude
Hi Bharat,

I think you can go by car in canada but you need visitor visa. we have been to canada for personal trip. you can get tourist visa in hours time in buffalo office if you go early morning.

hope this helps.

CD
Why would he need a visitor visa if he's got PR??
Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:44 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Why would he need a visitor visa if he's got PR??
He doesn't as he intends to land.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
He doesn't as he intends to land.
Exactly! That's the point I was trying to make (clearly far too subtlely!!).
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Exactly! That's the point I was trying to make (clearly far too subtlely!!).
but when I land canada and , I am going to stay at my cousine house as he has big house. If I give his address at border if they ask, and will not tell them that I will be back within a week. does it work ?
Old Aug 20th 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

but when I land canada and , I am going to stay at my cousine house as he has big house. If I give his address at border if they ask, and will not tell them that I will be back within a week. does it work ?
Ultimately my purpose is to land there, apply for PR id ( will give my cousine home address as I am staying there) stay 1 week. before that If I can arrange some personal interviews for that perioed with the employers. If I get confirmation then will go back to ny wind up everything. move to canada. if not then will go back to ny continue my job. and will try to search from ny. and whenever i get the job confirmation, i will move there.

can I do this way ??

Bharat
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 1:54 am
Just Joined

can anyone update please on my last reply/question ???
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:31 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Ultimately my purpose is to land there, apply for PR id ( will give my cousine home address as I am staying there) stay 1 week. before that If I can arrange some personal interviews for that perioed with the employers. If I get confirmation then will go back to ny wind up everything. move to canada. if not then will go back to ny continue my job. and will try to search from ny. and whenever i get the job confirmation, i will move there.

can I do this way ??

Bharat
Yes
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Zap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond repute

Isn’t their a whole bunch of minutia regarding bringing cars into the country?
It really depends on the make, model, year….and of course paying tax! Who knew??

There is a great deal of difference between bringing it across the border for a visit and bringing it in the country permanently. You might want to check on the rules but many Canadians still find it difficult to bring US cars into the country…..(treading on the price differential here that pisses many people off here in Canada)

http://www.tc.gc.ca/roadsafety/importation/menu.htm

Hope that this helps