Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

can i travel with travel document via london to canada

can i travel with travel document via london to canada

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:20 am
Just Joined

kawal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can i travel with travel document via london to canada

Hi
i'm a parmanent resident of canada. i made my tickets to india to see my sick dad leaving date is 30 jan2011. but situation changed whn i saw my PRcard expires on 7 feb 2011. i must see my dad n i was told by cic.ca ppl that i can apply for travel document in india while coming back to canada. but my question is can i travel with a travel document via london heathrowwill they allow me for transit n come back to canada. kindly answer as soon as possible. my two kids will also be travelling with me,, they have canadian passport.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can i travel with travel document via london to canada

Hi

Originally Posted by kawal
Hi
i'm a parmanent resident of canada. i made my tickets to india to see my sick dad leaving date is 30 jan2011. but situation changed whn i saw my PRcard expires on 7 feb 2011. i must see my dad n i was told by cic.ca ppl that i can apply for travel document in india while coming back to canada. but my question is can i travel with a travel document via london heathrowwill they allow me for transit n come back to canada. kindly answer as soon as possible. my two kids will also be travelling with me,, they have canadian passport.
As you will have a visa (TD) for Canada, you don't require a transit visa for the UK.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:57 am
Just Joined

As you will have a visa (TD) for Canada, you don't require a transit visa for the UK.
actually i'll be given trasit document by payinf $50 at indian embaasey to enter canada,,,,,, is it okk to travel via london. because my travel agent told me hat london authorities won't allow you there not even can board for canada. but i can come via toronto to enter canada. i'm confused.and already had bought tickets for three of us.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 10:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

actually i'll be given trasit document by payinf $50 at indian embaasey to enter canada,,,,,, is it okk to travel via london. because my travel agent told me hat london authorities won't allow you there not even can board for canada. but i can come via toronto to enter canada. i'm confused.and already had bought tickets for three of us.
You will be given a Travel Document in ND, which admits you to Canada.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

You will be given a Travel Document in ND, which admits you to Canada
Is it,,,,,, that i can come to canada via london and will not be in trouble at london heathrow airport while coming back to canada. pls don't mind actually i'm really stressed. did this happened to any one before too. i mean same case as mine. ppl even my travel agent r telling me different story.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

Is it,,,,,, that i can come to canada via london and will not be in trouble at london heathrow airport while coming back to canada. pls don't mind actually i'm really stressed. did this happened to any one before too. i mean same case as mine. ppl even my travel agent r telling me different story.
I am sure that as long as you do not intend to leave the airport (airside) then you are only transiting and may be allowed.....There could be visa issues if you leave the airport or plan to stay longer than a few hours for transit depending on the type of passport you hold. You would need to investigate with regards to the type of passport you hold as that would reflect on whether you are able to land in the UK.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 12:00 pm
Just Joined

I am sure that as long as you do not intend to leave the airport (airside) then you are only transiting and may be allowed.....There could be visa issues if you leave the airport or plan to stay longer than a few hours for transit depending on the type of passport you hold. You would need to investigate with regards to the type of passport you hold as that would reflect on whether you are able to land in the UK.

hi thx for reply. i have indian passport and a landed immigrant have PR card since then. my husband n kids r canadian passport holders. my travel aagent n many other told me that london authorities don't allow boarding even n will send me back to india without proper PR card. i'm worried.
any one having right information pls.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

hi thx for reply. i have indian passport and a landed immigrant have PR card since then. my husband n kids r canadian passport holders. my travel aagent n many other told me that london authorities don't allow boarding even n will send me back to india without proper PR card. i'm worried.
See if this helps......I googled your information and came up with this..

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/nonustransit.html

It looks as though you could be exempt from a visa as long as you purchase a through trip ticket i.e you so NOT stay over night in the UK and are transiting, using one airline, however, I would still speak to someone on a professional level about it. Maybe you could show this to your travel agent and get their opinion after reading this?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:37 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by Canuck2b
See if this helps......I googled your information and came up with this..

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/nonustransit.html

It looks as though you could be exempt from a visa as long as you purchase a through trip ticket i.e you so NOT stay over night in the UK and are transiting, using one airline, however, I would still speak to someone on a professional level about it. Maybe you could show this to your travel agent and get their opinion after reading this?

Since the OP is posting the same question in other Immigration forums, why doesn't he just contact the British Counsel and ask?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

and this....

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoap...nf20transit#Q4

and this.....

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion...TOPIC_ID=15049

Seems you may be okay.....But again, get it checked out.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Since the OP is posting the same question in other Immigration forums, why doesn't he just contact the British Counsel and ask?
yes, absolutely as I avised, you cant always trust forums anyway......i dont think it would stand for anything at immigration!!!
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:33 am
Just Joined

i'm told by my travel agent today that its indian airport authorities who will not allow me to board plane. actually thats air canada n jet airways connection frm both way.
bcoz they say that travel document is not gud to travel through london.
whr shud i ask and get right reply. i'm helpless.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

i'm told by my travel agent today that its indian airport authorities who will not allow me to board plane. actually thats air canada n jet airways connection frm both way.
British consul as it is there you are transiting.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk has everything you need to know.
Old Jan 26th 2011, 6:29 am
Just Joined

thx every one for helping me out. i contacted immigration canada n been told that no one can stop me in india n in london whn i'm having travel document. so lets hope for the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.