Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I submit profile slightly before 1 year cohabitation? Issues with MyCIC.

Wikiposts

Can I submit profile slightly before 1 year cohabitation? Issues with MyCIC.

Old Jun 11th 2019, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

Sasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond reputeSasquatch888 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I submit profile slightly before 1 year cohabitation? Issues with MyCIC.

Hi there,

I am just wondering if I can submit our EE profile and enter the pool for an application for myself and my common law partner before we have lived together 1 year (according to the proof we have gathered)? We have everything else we need and have filled out most of the profile. We will have been officially living together as of 1st July. So, if we were to do that and say there was a draw before 1st July and we got an ITA, obviously we have a bit of time to submit our documents, which would be after the 1st. But would there be an issue that our ITA came before the 1st? I know it is only a few more weeks but we would really like to get things moving as quickly as possible.

Also, we have been having issues logging into our profile (using GCKey) - The first attempt to create it failed (it didn't take us to the page to set up our security questions), the second time worked but when trying to log back in it just takes us round in circles, gives us only options to change password etc and a button that says continue, then it asks us if we want English or French then takes us back to Canada.ca, we click on login using GCKey then takes us to that page that just has the continue button again and so on and so on. I did finally manage to get back in by having the page with the continue button on and opening a new tab. It was really weird. Has anyone else had similar problem or is this something that has been mentioned before?

Many thanks
Old Jun 12th 2019, 1:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I submit profile slightly before 1 year cohabitation? Issues with MyCIC.

Originally Posted by Sasquatch888
Hi there,

I am just wondering if I can submit our EE profile and enter the pool for an application for myself and my common law partner before we have lived together 1 year (according to the proof we have gathered)? We have everything else we need and have filled out most of the profile. We will have been officially living together as of 1st July. So, if we were to do that and say there was a draw before 1st July and we got an ITA, obviously we have a bit of time to submit our documents, which would be after the 1st. But would there be an issue that our ITA came before the 1st? I know it is only a few more weeks but we would really like to get things moving as quickly as possible.

Also, we have been having issues logging into our profile (using GCKey) - The first attempt to create it failed (it didn't take us to the page to set up our security questions), the second time worked but when trying to log back in it just takes us round in circles, gives us only options to change password etc and a button that says continue, then it asks us if we want English or French then takes us back to Canada.ca, we click on login using GCKey then takes us to that page that just has the continue button again and so on and so on. I did finally manage to get back in by having the page with the continue button on and opening a new tab. It was really weird. Has anyone else had similar problem or is this something that has been mentioned before?

Many thanks
You can add a common-law spouse even right at the end of the process, as long as it's before landing. So yes, you can submit now. Just bear in mind you can't count them as your spouse for points purposes yet though, so will be applying as a single person (as technically you are in CIC's eyes, until 1st July!) and won't get any extra if s/he has taken IELTS etc. Personally, for the sake of two weeks and the hassle factor of having to him add him/her at a later date, I'd just wait another couple of weeks before submitting.

Can't help with the technical stuff, sorry.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 12th 2019 at 1:08 am.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I submit profile slightly before 1 year cohabitation? Issues with MyCIC.

What you describe with the online systems is a fairly regular occurrence when the system is down.