Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I submit my Immigration application before doing my IELTS

Can I submit my Immigration application before doing my IELTS

Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Josephparappally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I submit my Immigration application before doing my IELTS

Sir,

I am planning to apply for immigration to Canada as skilled worker catogery. I would like toknow whether I can submit my application before I complete my IELTS program. Please reply
Old Aug 15th 2010, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I submit my Immigration application before doing my IELTS

No you can't. If you do not include test results it will be returned to you as mine was.
Old Aug 15th 2010, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Josephparappally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I submit my Immigration application before doing my IELTS what score is requi

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
No you can't. If you do not include test results it will be returned to you as mine was.
Can you please tell me what score I required in each like Reading, writting, listerning and speaking? Is it ok for General
Old Aug 15th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking: Above 6.5
Listening: Above 7.5
Reading: Above 6.5
Writing: Above 6.5

This information is covered on page 9 of the Instruction Guide included with the FSW Application Pack at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Speaking: Above 6.5
Listening: Above 7.5
Reading: Above 6.5
Writing: Above 6.5

This information is covered on page 9 of the Instruction Guide included with the FSW Application Pack at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
Those are the boundaries for "high" proficiency for IELTS. However, I understood that the bare minimum requirements are "moderate" proficiency which is 5.5 for everything except reading, and 5.0 for reading?

I am fairly sure that not every single application for FSW needs High proficiency in each category, only that they have moderate proficiency and ofc that the total points including language points is 67 or more?

Wayne.