Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I start new process if I'm already in process as dependant

Can I start new process if I'm already in process as dependant

Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Ivan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I start new process if I'm already in process as dependant

We started our process more than 2 years ago and my wife was selected as primary applicant because it was the only chance to get enough points under the new regulations before the passmark was reduced. The Application submitted without IELTS.

We are still waiting for interview and I'm afraid that they will ask for IELTS and my wife can not pass the test with enough points.
Can I start new process with myself as primary applicant in parallel?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:44 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I start new process if I'm already in process as dependant

No, you can't, sorry.

Only one application can be in process. If you want to change primary applicant then you must withdraw current application and re-apply.

Don't hope for current, low pass mark to stay that way forever - better tell your wife to start intensive English course.

Originally Posted by Ivan
We started our process more than 2 years ago and my wife was selected as primary applicant because it was the only chance to get enough points under the new regulations before the passmark was reduced. The Application submitted without IELTS.

We are still waiting for interview and I'm afraid that they will ask for IELTS and my wife can not pass the test with enough points.
Can I start new process with myself as primary applicant in parallel?
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Ivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
No, you can't, sorry.

Only one application can be in process. If you want to change primary applicant then you must withdraw current application and re-apply.

Don't hope for current, low pass mark to stay that way forever - better tell your wife to start intensive English course.

Thank you, Mr. Miller!
Already told her.

When they usualy ask to submit IELTS before or after an intervieviw (Los Angeles)?

I'm just curious what are chances to be asked for IELTS? They already removed points for the language ability assesed as moderate based on submitted documents (cources, community college certificate and letters of recomendation) with total 68 points.
The language was not mentioned as a reason for interview. According to our CAIPS file RECOMMEND INTERVIEW TO CLARIFY EXTENT OF SUBJ S EMP EXP.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 2:14 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Language skills cannot be assessed at the interview anymore.

But processing officer may ask for IELTS after interview if she or he feels that applicant's language proficiency level is lower than claimed.

Originally Posted by Ivan
Thank you, Mr. Miller!
Already told her.

When they usualy ask to submit IELTS before or after an intervieviw (Los Angeles)?

I'm just curious what are chances to be asked for IELTS? They already removed points for the language ability assesed as moderate based on submitted documents (cources, community college certificate and letters of recomendation) with total 68 points.
The language was not mentioned as a reason for interview. According to our CAIPS file RECOMMEND INTERVIEW TO CLARIFY EXTENT OF SUBJ S EMP EXP.