Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I sponsor my Sister to work for me?

Wikiposts

Can I sponsor my Sister to work for me?

Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold
Default Can I sponsor my Sister to work for me?

Hi,

Me & my Fiancee have applied to move to Canada. My sister really wants to come with us but can't get in.

I was wondering that down the line when we have children if it's possible to sponsor my sister to work for me as a nanny?

Would this work?

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I sponsor my Sister to work for me?

HI

Originally Posted by act1980
Hi,

Me & my Fiancee have applied to move to Canada. My sister really wants to come with us but can't get in.

I was wondering that down the line when we have children if it's possible to sponsor my sister to work for me as a nanny?

Would this work?

Thanks for your help
Only if she qualified as a live-in caregiver. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...s/op/op14e.pdf
Old Jan 21st 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Thank you.

Would she be able to study for this qualification in Canada and then stay out there with us sponsoring her?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by act1980
Hi,

Would this work?

Thanks for your help
Wow - you really plan ahead - you're not in Canada yet, you're not married yet (not that that has a bearing on having kids, but..) and you haven't had kids yet, but you're trying to sort out your nanny?
Old Jan 21st 2008, 5:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Wow - you really plan ahead - you're not in Canada yet, you're not married yet (not that that has a bearing on having kids, but..) and you haven't had kids yet, but you're trying to sort out your nanny?
I know I am getting ahead of myself. It's just such a big move and I want to do as much research I can before I get there. I am even getting info on internet prices, cellphones just the general cost of living etc....