Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I leave the UK on study permit if I have to defer?

Can I leave the UK on study permit if I have to defer?

Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Summer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really niceSummer-Caitlin is just really nice
Question Can I leave the UK on study permit if I have to defer?

I am posting this mainly because I am now concerned after reading the house sale thread.

I plan to go over to BC on a study permit as I have applied to Capilano University for Fall 09. I have a house to sell and it probably won't be able to go on the market until Feb 09 (have to get it up to scratch).

My query is, what if I miss my semester start at Capilano (Sep 4th) as my house hasn't sold? I am concerned that I may not sell my house when I hope to (May/June) and will have to defer my application to University.

For example if I sell my house in October 09, can I then apply for a study permit for Fall 2010, if all goes well, receive it say November 2009 and then go to Canada? Or do I have to wait until May 2010 before I leave the UK? Can my husband work in Canada still as he would have his OWP?

If we do sell our house late then I really don't want to have to rent out private accommodation in the UK until we go as the house sale is all we are waiting on before I apply for my study permit.

I guess studying something else while I wait is always an option if this isn't possible?

I'm not trying to be negative, just planning ahead just in case.

Thanks for any advice

Summer
Old Jul 9th 2008, 5:26 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I leave the UK on study permit if I have to defer?

You will be required to attend the school as a condition of your study permit. Perhaps you should seek a new acceptance for a later date and solve your house problem in the meantime.