Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I improve my IELTS score after ITA?

Can I improve my IELTS score after ITA?

Old Apr 11th 2024, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

pac_les_man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I improve my IELTS score after ITA?

I received an ITA, but my documentation is questionable on a spouse category. If I assume the officer will deduct those points, which will put me below the cut off for the invited round, am I able to make up some points for IELTS and still take this offer? Thank you.
Old Apr 11th 2024, 11:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I improve my IELTS score after ITA?

Originally Posted by pac_les_man
I received an ITA, but my documentation is questionable on a spouse category. If I assume the officer will deduct those points, which will put me below the cut off for the invited round, am I able to make up some points for IELTS and still take this offer? Thank you.
What do you mean ‘documentation is questionable? How many points short do you think you’ll be?

And is it you or your spouse that wants to re-take IELTS?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 11th 2024 at 11:14 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2024, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
What do you mean ‘documentation is questionable? How many points short do you think you’ll be?

And is it you or your spouse that wants to re-take IELTS?
My spouses ECA is classified as from a non-recognised institute which is really confusing. Because the institute is recognized, but it seems as the course at the time was not registered. I only need 3 points and can either try to get this by re-doing my IELTS or getting spouse to do IELTS, but spouse didn't take IELTS before. Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2024, 4:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pac_les_man
My spouses ECA is classified as from a non-recognised institute which is really confusing.
Do you mean the ECA provider isn't recognised, or where she did her education isn't?
Old Apr 12th 2024, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Do you mean the ECA provider isn't recognised, or where she did her education isn't?
Where the course was done.
Old Apr 12th 2024, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

It's similar to this Credential Evaluation - Non Recognized Institution - University and College Education - Discussion Forum (settlement.org)
But rather than calling the course not recognized, they quote the Canadian equivalent i.e. 2 years, but label it as non recognized institution. Furthermore, the course and institute are recognized now (if you do the same thing in 2023 for example). So to avoid any risk, could I try increasing my IELTS, or do I have to suck it up and decline this ITA :-( Thanks