Can I have implied status?

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:10 am
Just Joined

DaveJLow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I have implied status?

Hi

I'm new to all of this so bare with me, I have searched the site to for info.

Im currently in Canada on the IEC visa, I have applied for spousal sponsorship with my fiancé and have also applied for a work permit, obviously the time frame to receive these is a long way off and my visa expires at the end of march. Am I entitled to Implied status or is it seen as a new application with it being from the IEC to Work Permit.

Thanks All
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I have implied status?

Originally Posted by DaveJLow
Hi

Im currently in Canada on the IEC visa, I have applied for spousal sponsorship with my fiancé and have also applied for a work permit, obviously the time frame to receive these is a long way off and my visa expires at the end of march. Am I entitled to Implied status or is it seen as a new application with it being from the IEC to Work Permit.

Thanks All
http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...us-iec-815262/
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks just found this too.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:40 am
Just Joined

I have thoroughly read this and spoken to call centre agents. Still confused as they are telling me that because I have applied in Canada I can have implied status. Think I wont take the risk though.

Has anyone been through this lately?
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

I have thoroughly read this and spoken to call centre agents. Still confused as they are telling me that because I have applied in Canada I can have implied status. Think I wont take the risk though.

I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong but implied status doesn't exist when you're on an IEC work permit for the reasons discussed in that thread, and highlighted by the response PMM received from CIC explicitly highlighting IEC as not benefiting from implied status.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks, that's the view I took but the call centre agent kept informing me it was different due to applying within Canada. Not a risk I'm going to take and will wait the 2 months without a permit.

Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Call centre agents aren't known for being 100% accurate all of the time.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by doubleym
Call centre agents aren't known for being 100% accurate all of the time.
Especially on this issue. You could probably call up again and be given a different answer
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:09 am
Just Joined

I did call back and she said the same but not taking the risk. Thanks for the help
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

No worries, sorry it's not the answer you were hoping for. Just make sure you change your status to visitor before your IEC permit expires. Best of luck
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Will do thanks.

Also do you know if there is a thread for inland spousal sponsorship application? can only find the London one.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Will do thanks.

Also do you know if there is a thread for inland spousal sponsorship application? can only find the London one.
I don't think there is, just because historically there's very few that apply that way. I can only think of two forum members who've applied that way in the past year or two.

Ref: above, you can have implied status as a visitor, but just can't keep working.

HTH, good luck with it.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

mbgirlfriend is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Thanks All
Have you received an AOR number yet. If you do get one before your current WP expires you may be able to get a WP with that and you may be able to do it just by driving to the border. You wouldn't have to wait for it to be processed like when you send in an application online or by paper. They do your application right there and issue you a WP on the spot. look into what is called flag polling.

I have heard of people loosing out on PR because they thought they had implied status with IEC and thus worked illegally in Canada and that ended up costing them PR in the end. So definitely don't take the risk if you don't get a new WP.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:52 am
Just Joined

I have applied for the pilot work permit back in Jan so its a case of waiting for that to come through in the 4 month processing time frame. I know now I cant stay and work so looking at changing my status to visitor to stay and not work until my new permit comes through. I dont have an AOR as of yet.

Thanks well hopefully this inland process speeds up
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 2:05 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I applied to the spousal program in late 2012 when I was on my 2nd IEC. By the time it expired I was in processing but not at the finish line for PR.

There is no "implied status" as such for IEC holders but you can play the game a little bit by applying to change your status to a visitor. Even that application takes a little time. I applied a few days before my IEC status expired and then I sat in Canada waiting for both the visitor status and the PR app to conclude. In the end they approved my visitor status pretty much the day after my PR app was approved (top comedy CIC!)

So I have a shiny mint unused visitor visa that was never used as a souvenir because I obviously got my PR documents through and landed.

Obviously there are downsides to such an approach. You can't work. You probably don't have health coverage in the "gap" etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.