Wikiposts

can I go to the us for a day?????

Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:00 am
Just Joined

Acealfie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can I go to the us for a day?????

Hi Im going to be going to Canada for 5 months as a visitor in october.
I really want to go to Buffalo to watch a few American football games (just the day) and a trip to New york (a weekend) does anyone know if I will have a problem going across to the USA and back again and if they re stamp your passport or just let you go for the day and not change the visitors stamp
The last thing I want is to get refused entry when I go on a day trip
Thanks guys
A
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: can I go to the us for a day?????

As long as you are returning to Canada from short trip to US and within the admission granted when originally arriving to Canada you'll be fine. You said you are coming for 5 months - how do you know that you will be granted 5 months admission?

Last edited by Andrew Miller; Sep 13th 2007 at 1:46 am.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Ernie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant futureErnie_wise has a brilliant future

Hi Acealfie

I visited Toronto last May and while I was there I drove down to Niagara and crossed the border in a failed attempt to drive round Lake Ontario (it's a bit bigger than I was expecting, especially since I didn't have a map). Drove up to the crossing, showed my passport, no stamp, answered a few questions and drove on. Easy as that. I did have a few entry stamps to the US from previous visits but the border guard was very disinterested in me.

Good Luck.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:20 am
Just Joined

Acealfie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
As long as you are returning to Canada from short trip to US and withing the admission granted when originally arriving to Canada you'll be fine. You said you are coming for 5 months - how do you know that you will be granted 5 months admission?
Hi Andrew
well 5 months is my plan but I am fully aware it is up to the IO at my port of entry I have a return ticket and enough money for the period as well as medical insurance hopefully it will be fine thanks for your response its really helpful as you always seem to be.
A