Wikiposts

Can I get PM via FSWP this year?

Old Jun 25th 2013, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

UK28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I get PM via FSWP this year?

Hello,

I have recently moved to Edmonton and on temporary work permit. I was a civil engineer in the UK for 6 years. I am now working for a contractor in Edmonton and have read that this years eligible skilled workers include civil engineers and engineering managers. Now I reckon I have missed the quota, however I did read that if you have a job offer then you can apply automatically without the restriction of the quota. My question is can I still apply even though I am already here working? Thanks
Old Jun 25th 2013, 5:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get PM via FSWP this year?

'The list' of eligible occupations has no relevance to you - that's Category 1 of the FSW program, but you'd be applying under Category 2 (arranged employment). The only way to do the latter is to apply once you're there working on a LMO/TWP anyway, it can't be applied for before.

So yes, you can apply assuming you meet the criteria (have a permanent job offer letter from your employer, have enough points, have a valid TWP both when you apply and when you get PR etc).

HTH.

Edit: ignore all of the above, as it seems from your previous posts you're there working on an IEC, not a TWP? So in which case, no, you can't apply as FSW using an IEC. You must have a LMO/TWP to do so. You'll have to look in to the PNP for PR options instead, or CEC once you've done a year.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 25th 2013 at 6:07 pm.