Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I get finger printing done at the USA embassy in India

Can I get finger printing done at the USA embassy in India

Old Apr 24th 2010, 1:09 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough
Default Can I get finger printing done at the USA embassy in India

Hi there I am in process of applying to sponsor my wife to come from India to Canada. She had spent 2 years in USA a few years ago. I was told had to get a finger printing expect to take her prints on a card and then send to FBI in USA which I am planning but its really hard to find finger printing experts in India. I hired one who charged my wife 10,000 rupees but did not do it properly and then never gave the money back. So basically got screwed. So now I don't want to hire again this way.

Can someone tell me if the USA embassy or the Canada embassy who must be doing her file can help further if she travels to Delhi and goes to the office of one of these places.

Any advice be great.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 5:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get finger printing done at the USA embassy in India

Hi

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Hi there I am in process of applying to sponsor my wife to come from India to Canada. She had spent 2 years in USA a few years ago. I was told had to get a finger printing expect to take her prints on a card and then send to FBI in USA which I am planning but its really hard to find finger printing experts in India. I hired one who charged my wife 10,000 rupees but did not do it properly and then never gave the money back. So basically got screwed. So now I don't want to hire again this way.

Can someone tell me if the USA embassy or the Canada embassy who must be doing her file can help further if she travels to Delhi and goes to the office of one of these places.

Any advice be great.
Canadian High Commission doesn't do it and neither will the US unless you are applying for a visitor visa through them.
Old Apr 24th 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Sheesh! He charged US$225 and didn't even get it right?!

Why not try at your local police station and offer to make a 'donation' to the officer's 'favorite charity'?
Old Apr 24th 2010, 5:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I just found a forum thread that might be of help to you:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...-t7486.15.html

"... Since I am from Mumbai All I did was go to the CID office in town and you need to give them a hand written application along with your passports and proof of residence 1.e electricity bill and telephone bill then they will take the finger prints on the FBI card and they will stamp it and sign it.this is done for free (500 to 1000 token charge)..."

"...I explored few places to get the finger prints done in India and found few places where you can get it done cheaper even though it may not be convenient.

1.) Registry offices in your city. When ever you register a property you need to get the finger prints taken and they are similar to the one needed by FBI
2.) District Courts. All convicts need to be finger printed and there ore a finger printing expert is available in courts ..."

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm gives information as to what is required,

..and this is the form you would need: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/pdf/fpcardb.pdf

7. Can I use the fingerprint card I download from this site?

Yes, the CJIS Division will accept the downloaded paper fingerprint card only for the purpose of requesting a FBI Identification Record for personal review. Although, if you go to a law enforcement agency or private fingerprinting agency to be fingerprinted they may prefer to use a fingerprint card on standard card stock. You may use the fingerprint card provided by the printing agency.

There is other information on the thread about doing it yourself as well.

Another thread has similar information that might be of use

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 24th 2010 at 5:33 pm. Reason: added 2nd link
Old Apr 25th 2010, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

rao_manoj2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I am from Gurgaon and got it done at police criminal department (in gurgaon).
The quality of fingerprints were good. They charged Rs200 each (For me and my wife).
Old Apr 25th 2010, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

rao_manoj2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry...It was done by finger printing expert is in Gurgaon court ... and not by Police criminal department....

I was directed by Gurgaon Police commisioner office to approach these finger printing experts