Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I get an entry stamp at a CBSA office inland?

Can I get an entry stamp at a CBSA office inland?

Old Jun 30th 2014, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can I get an entry stamp at a CBSA office inland?

The wife & I were on a boat trip to Heart Island (US) from Rockport (Canada) the other day. The Americans on the island were well-equipped with finger print scanners, access to their immigration database etc, but coming back there were just two CBSA officers visually checking passports. I asked if they could stamp my passport to record my entry into Canada, but they didn't carry a stamp

I'm guessing I might have a problem next time I renew my PR card. My entry into the US was recorded, into Canada it wasn't.

Can I drive down to the Pearson CBSA office, knock on their door and ask them to stamp my passport?
Old Jun 30th 2014, 8:10 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I get an entry stamp at a CBSA office inland?

No. There are many other ways of establishing your presence in Canada in any case. So keep records - they are handy for other purposes as well.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman6666
The wife & I were on a boat trip to Heart Island (US) from Rockport (Canada) the other day. The Americans on the island were well-equipped with finger print scanners, access to their immigration database etc, but coming back there were just two CBSA officers visually checking passports. I asked if they could stamp my passport to record my entry into Canada, but they didn't carry a stamp

I'm guessing I might have a problem next time I renew my PR card. My entry into the US was recorded, into Canada it wasn't.

Can I drive down to the Pearson CBSA office, knock on their door and ask them to stamp my passport?
WTF no stamp between them? Country dogs and whatever. And no they won't stamp it inland.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
WTF no stamp between them?
Hmm. They told me to "go to a port of entry to get a stamp". They didn't say I had to leave the country first Good thing I took their advice with a grain of salt.
Old Jun 30th 2014, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
No. There are many other ways of establishing your presence in Canada in any case. So keep records - they are handy for other purposes as well.
There are reports that if, during the citizenship interview, the stamps in your passport don't "line up", you get hit with a Residence Questionnaire. Presumably adding years to the processing time.

The govt. seems to imply that increasing the citizenship residence reqs from 3 to 4 years will all but eliminate the backlogs. Personally, I don't believe a word.