Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can i contact London Visa office regarding PR Application?

Can i contact London Visa office regarding PR Application?

Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

JennyH1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can i contact London Visa office regarding PR Application?

Hey,

Can I contact the London Visa office regarding my application for PR under the provincial nominee program?

Actually speak to a human ?

I sent one of the web email things nearly 3 weeks ago and nothing!

Thanks,
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:12 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can i contact London Visa office regarding PR Application?

Originally Posted by JennyH1988
Hey,

Can I contact the London Visa office regarding my application for PR under the provincial nominee program?

Actually speak to a human ?

I sent one of the web email things nearly 3 weeks ago and nothing!

Thanks,
It isn't possible to call the London CIC office.

Did you send a case specific enquiry? If you didn't get an auto acknowledgement with 48 hours then it probably didn't go through.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiri...mission=london

Processing for Provincial Nomination (2nd stage) in London is taking on average 27 months, so unless you are outside that time frame they are unlikely to respond to you unless it is to request additional documentation or similar.

If you have received an email from them at any stage, try responding to that rather than using the web form - you could ask if there is any further information or documentation they require in order to finalise your application. <hint>

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...provincial.asp

Have you tried checking ECAS to see what stage you are at?

Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It isn't possible to call the London CIC office.

Did you send a case specific enquiry? If you didn't get an auto acknowledgement with 48 hours then it probably didn't go through.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiri...mission=london

Processing for Provincial Nomination (2nd stage) in London is taking on average 27 months, so unless you are outside that time frame they are unlikely to respond to you unless it is to request additional documentation or similar.

If you have received an email from them at any stage, try responding to that rather than using the web form - you could ask if there is any further information or documentation they require in order to finalise your application. <hint>

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...provincial.asp

Have you tried checking ECAS to see what stage you are at?

Yes I have checked my status online at CIC and all it tells me is

1. Application has been received on November 19, 2012

2. Medical Results have been received.

That is all it says...so pretty vague.

I am hoping that as we have done our medicals it wont be much longer..but I don't know.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:21 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have checked my status online at CIC and all it tells me is

1. Application has been received on November 19, 2012

2. Medical Results have been received.

That is all it says...so pretty vague.

I am hoping that as we have done our medicals it wont be much longer..but I don't know.
Does it say "we started processing your application on...." ?

As I said in the other thread, I am a bit puzzled as to why you designated London as your processing office if you are already in Canada - you could have applied through <Buffalo> OTTAWA if you had a TWP for at least 1 year.

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 4th 2013 at 10:00 am. Reason: Sorry, it should have read Ottawa, PMM is quite correct.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

As I said in the other thread, I am a bit puzzled as to why you designated London as your processing office if you are already in Canada - you could have applied through Buffalo if you had a TWP for at least 1 year.

No it does not say that.

I don't remember nominating any visa offices for processing of our application. They just sent it to London.

When would I have had the opportunity to do this ?
Old Nov 4th 2013, 8:27 am
Banned

No it does not say that.

I don't remember nominating any visa offices for processing of our application. They just sent it to London.

When would I have had the opportunity to do this ?
If it doesn't say that then they haven't started processing your application yet.

You would have put it down on the generic application for PR (CIC form IMM0008ENU) number 4 box - "Immigration office requested for processing this application"

Presumably, if you didn't fill out that box (or you didn't have at least a 1 year TWP) they sent it to London by default.

What a shame - Ottawa is 16 months for average processing times.
Old Nov 4th 2013, 9:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

As I said in the other thread, I am a bit puzzled as to why you designated London as your processing office if you are already in Canada - you could have applied through Buffalo if you had a TWP for at least 1 year.

Buffalo is closed. Assume you meant Ottawa.