Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

can i come to canada and wait for lmia on visiting visa

can i come to canada and wait for lmia on visiting visa

Old Dec 24th 2014, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can i come to canada and wait for lmia on visiting visa

From my point of view.
Arriving with no approved LMIA could result in you being refused as you are in non compliance with the Act as you don't hold all of the necessary documents to apply for a work permit.
It is your intention to come to work. Sure the argument could be made that you will also visit BUT I suspect if you were not waiting for a LMIA then I bet you wouldn't be visiting Canada.
IMHO wait until you get the positive LMIA as there are too many risks.
Old Dec 24th 2014, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks FL that's what I thought but wanted to ask as I'm more than happy to wait for approval but hubby is now getting itchy feet and wants to get settled.

Thanks again for all replies. And I hope this thread also helps anyone else debating this issue.

I will keep you informed of lmia process.
Old Mar 21st 2015, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

SUNSHINEGIRL_X is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I started this back in December. Thought I would update.
Thank God we did decide to wait it out. Turns out back in January all adverts were wrong. All have to be resubmitted. The company are now putting single candidates with no dependents through IEC all those requiring LMIA have been told they can no longer bring over except 2. I'm lucky enough to be 1 of the 2. Adverts are being placed any day I have been told that it will be Calgary Which is great news.