Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I cancel the lawyers representation and get all further corresponce from CIC

Can I cancel the lawyers representation and get all further corresponce from CIC

Old Jun 12th 2004, 6:15 am
Just Joined

sujana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I cancel the lawyers representation and get all further corresponce from CIC

Hi Friends and all experts,

I sent my application to canada immigration thru a lawyer in montreal.In the begining he promised me that he can take care of everything and all his cases are successfull.

After i sent his fees along with my application,he is not at all giving proper response to my questions.

I am getting doubt that am I going to loss any thing because of selecting this wrong lawyer.

I just want to know.....Is there any way that i can avoid this lawyer and get all correspondense from CIC directly to my address.Please........any one who faced this kind of situation share your experiences.

I know that now-a-days,canada immigration became a hot topic...and most people are acting like they have well experience in canada application process,they have websites,everything.But once after our file entered into their hands...they are tarturing clients by taking our money.

Thank you,
Old Jun 12th 2004, 9:05 pm
Bud
Forum Regular

Bud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I cancel the lawyers representation and get all further corresponce from CIC

Originally posted by sujana

I sent my application to canada immigration thru a lawyer in montreal.In the begining he promised me that he can take care of everything and all his cases are successfull.

After i sent his fees along with my application,he is not at all giving proper response to my questions.

I am getting doubt that am I going to loss any thing because of selecting this wrong lawyer.

I just want to know.....Is there any way that i can avoid this lawyer and get all correspondense from CIC directly to my address.Please........any one who faced this kind of situation share your experiences.

I know that now-a-days,canada immigration became a hot topic...and most people are acting like they have well experience in canada application process,they have websites,everything.But once after our file entered into their hands...they are tarturing clients by taking our money.

Thank you,
Hi there,

Yes, you could fax CIC quoting your case number and advising them that the lawyer no longer represents you and you would like to have all correspondence sent to your mailing address. After that CIC will communicate with you directly.

Hope this helps,
Bud
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:59 am
Just Joined

Bryan Kellar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can I cancel the lawyers representation and get all further corresponce from CIC

Originally posted by sujana

It is my understanding that you can contact CIC and withdraw your lawyer's permission to correspond on your behalf.

However, if you signed a contract to pay the lawyer a certain amount of money, this action probably does not relieve you of that obligation. He/she could still enforce the contract. You might want to take that into consideration.

Good luck!
Bryan