Can I bring my family with me?

Old Mar 25th 2014, 12:14 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I bring my family with me?

Originally Posted by jonathanl
Thanks everyone for your helpful replies.

We wouldn't both be able to get by on just one warehouse op salary I don't think that's an option.
If I found an employer that was willing to train me in a skilled job (of which I had no experience) then am I correct in believing I would never get an LMO? If that's the case I think Canada may not be for us..
Again thanks very much for all the help
In order for an employer to get an LMO, they have to advertise the job Canada-wide for 4 weeks. If no suitable Canadian citizen or Canadian PR applies for the job, or if there is no Canadian who is willing to do the job and the only way the employer can fill the job is to tap into the foreign market, then an LMO will be granted.

If I'm not mistaken (and I may be on this, hopefully someone else will weigh in as I may be getting my work streams crossed), you also need to demonstrate that you are qualified to do that particular role.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 5:21 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I bring my family with me?

Yep, as Schnooks said, you'd have to be qualified for, and have experience of, the job to get the LMO. You wouldn't get a LMO for something you haven't done already.

But don't give up on Canada just yet. Why not look at getting a more skilled job in the UK? That could only be a good thing, plus would have the advantage of making it easier to move to Canada if you still want to in the future. If you can get some further education and skills, it would help both in the UK and Canada, so maybe try that as a more long term plan?

Best of luck.