Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I bring in a car not listed in the list of the following items?

Wikiposts

Can I bring in a car not listed in the list of the following items?

Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

coody is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I bring in a car not listed in the list of the following items?

Can I bring in a car after landing if I did not listed in the list of the following items at the time of landing? What’s the difference in the bring-in process between the listed and non listed items? Does anyone know it?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:03 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I bring in a car not listed in the list of the following items?

Hi

Originally Posted by coody
Can I bring in a car after landing if I did not listed in the list of the following items at the time of landing? What’s the difference in the bring-in process between the listed and non listed items? Does anyone know it?
You can import it if it is on the admissible list, see: www.riv.ca I am assuming it is from the US. You will have to pay duty and taxes as well as the fees for inspection and the costs for modifications.

PMM
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

coody is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. If the car was listed in the list of the following items, will the processing be the same as the unlisted car such as paying the duty and taxes as well as the fees for inspection and the costs for modifications. I want to know the difference between the listed and unlisted items when people try to bring them into the Canada after landing.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

you should not pay duty and tax if its listed thats the difference.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

garvard will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi
You can import it if it is on the admissible list, see: www.riv.ca I am assuming it is from the US. You will have to pay duty and taxes as well as the fees for inspection and the costs for modifications. PMM
Who knows, how much is the duty taxes and fees for inspection and the costs for modifications for Toyoto Camry 2007 bought in the USA?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garvard
Who knows, how much is the duty taxes and fees for inspection and the costs for modifications for Toyoto Camry 2007 bought in the USA?
I don't know about the charges/duty on your car (some of it I believe is related to price paid for the vehicle); but I don't *think* there are any mods neccessary for that particular make/model according to the info on the RIV list.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 11:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
I don't know about the charges/duty on your car (some of it I believe is related to price paid for the vehicle); but I don't *think* there are any mods neccessary for that particular make/model according to the info on the RIV list.
The speedometer has to be metric and the lights have to stay on all the time. $1500 at Canadian Tire.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 3:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

And the duty is country of manufacture based, not country of purchase.