Can i apply for work permit?

Old Jan 18th 2002, 7:13 am
U Of T
Posts: n/a

I am currently employed with a IT company in Toronto. The work permit I have is so
called post graduate employment authorization. It only allows me to work in Canada
for up to one year and can not be extended after it expires. The company wants me to
stay after this year. However, an immigration consultant told me that I was not
allowed to get any extension nor to apply for the regular work permit ( The one
through Human Resource Canada). Is this really true? Pleas help, thank you!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.