Wikiposts

Can I apply from US right away

Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Canadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant futureCanadaproject has a brilliant future
Default Can I apply from US right away

I have recently entered US on H1B visa (stay permitted till 2008)
I am an Indian national and before coming to US i took my ielts
results are out.

Listening 9
Reading 8.5
Writing 8
Speaking 8

Personally I am shocked to see my score. I wasnt expecting this high.

I have a masters degree from US and about 3 years in work experience, so I
am qualified I belive.
Can I apply right away for cic immigratioin at buffalo or wait for 1 year to apply.

It says to apply at Buffalo you need to be admitted to the country for a period more than 1 year.

Since my I94 document says stay till 2008, I belive I can apply right away at Bufalo. I dont need to stay inside US for 1 year before I can apply.
Is that correct?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Can I apply from US right away

Originally Posted by Canadaproject
I have recently entered US on H1B visa (stay permitted till 2008)
I am an Indian national and before coming to US i took my ielts
results are out.

Listening 9
Reading 8.5
Writing 8
Speaking 8

Personally I am shocked to see my score. I wasnt expecting this high.

I have a masters degree from US and about 3 years in work experience, so I
am qualified I belive.
Can I apply right away for cic immigratioin at buffalo or wait for 1 year to apply.

It says to apply at Buffalo you need to be admitted to the country for a period more than 1 year.

Since my I94 document says stay till 2008, I belive I can apply right away at Bufalo. I dont need to stay inside US for 1 year before I can apply.
Is that correct?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, I have read in this forum, and i it is also specified in the cic website that you can apply from the country of current residence if you have been admitted into it for one year or more. you should ofcourse attach a copy of the passport proving it. It is not necessary to stay for 1 year. And ofcourse you should

regs