Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can I apply for study permit in Canada.. Please reply

Can I apply for study permit in Canada.. Please reply

Old Jul 8th 2018, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Cando2018 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I apply for study permit in Canada.. Please reply

I'm 32 year old advance degree holder in Business Studies which was completed in 2008 in UK. I worked in HSBC from 2011 July till 2014 July and till now i was unemployed due to parenthood. Now i would love to continue my studies again but preferably in different stream such as Early Childhood Education , Child Psychology or Culinary Art.. Can i apply as a Mature international student .. do i have to follow something like a diploma in the field i prefer in my home country to cover the career and educational gap i have. What is the best and the fast way to get through the process or am i not eligible for any of the above.. I'm married and have 2 kids both below the age of 5 years. Please help..
Old Jul 8th 2018, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I apply for study permit in Canada.. Please reply

How will you finance your studies ?
Old Jul 8th 2018, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can certainly apply, although if CIC think you’re only doing it to get to Canada your application will be refused. It may look suspicious that you already have a masters but want to now do a ‘lesser’ diploma.

And as above, can you finance it? That’ll be an important part of the application, how much do you have saved?
Old Jul 8th 2018, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for your reply... Can i kw what make u feel suspicious that i already have a masters but want to now do a ‘lesser’ diploma. For sure i only has an advance diploma and for sure i can afford my expenses and can show funds we do have savings and some properties in Sri lanka.
I was worried after i spoke to a consultant who said it is impossible to get visa under my circumstance and wanted to kw can i apply under mature student category and will i be qualify after all these educational and work gaps..
Old Jul 8th 2018, 8:26 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cando2018
For sure i only has an advance diploma and for sure i can afford my expenses
I'm 32 year old advance degree holder in Business Studies which was completed in 2008 in UK.
? Degree or diploma, big difference.

Whether you might qualify depends on many factors. There is no 'mature student visa', just a student visa. All you can do is apply and see what happens. Whether you are successful, we could not speculate.

Christmas did not state it was suspicious, merely it could appear suspicious, raising questions from CIC.

We don't know your circumstances, one would wonder why you have been told it is impossible by a consultant who presumably has all the information you gave them. Why did they say it was impossible?
Old Jul 9th 2018, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

I'm 32 year old advance degree holder in Business Studies which was completed in 2008 in UK
How advanced? Bachelors? Masters? PhD? Something else?

Can i apply as a Mature international student ..
You can apply. At a minimum, you'll need to find a university offering a course you want to do, who will accept you as a student.

What is the best and the fast way to get through the process or am i not eligible for any of the above.. I'm married and have 2 kids both below the age of 5 years. Please help..
The only way to get a study permit is to first receive an offer of a place from a learning institution (university, college), and then to apply for the permit. You would need to prove as part of the application that you have (at the time you apply) enough money to cover your tuition fees and living costs for the first year. The living cost requirement in Canada is $10k/year for the main applicant, $4k for the first accompanying family member, and $3k for any others. So for you, your partner, and two children, you would need a minimum of $20k+tuition fees (which can be very high) at the time you apply.

Study permits from the UK are currently being processed in about 1 week (Check application processing times – Immigration and citizenship)
Old Jul 9th 2018, 3:52 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...igibility.html
Old Jul 10th 2018, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You can certainly apply, although if CIC think you’re only doing it to get to Canada your application will be refused. It may look suspicious that you already have a masters but want to now do a ‘lesser’ diploma.

And as above, can you finance it? That’ll be an important part of the application, how much do you have saved?
sorry i have mentioned in above as a degree it should correct as a advance diploma in business studies...