Can I apply to Moscow?

Old Sep 3rd 2004, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Jankitai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can I apply to Moscow?

Hello,

Does anyone know whether I can apply to Moscow visa post for the Federal Program according to my country of residence? I currently reside in US but I am not sure if I would be here long enough to wait 2 years at Buffalo.
My friends suggest me to do CSQ in New York since it is fast (9 months) and then apply to Moscow for final backround checks and medicals.

Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 9:35 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I apply to Moscow?

The plan should work - CSQ while in the USA and federal processing in your home country.

Originally Posted by Jankitai
Hello,

Does anyone know whether I can apply to Moscow visa post for the Federal Program according to my country of residence? I currently reside in US but I am not sure if I would be here long enough to wait 2 years at Buffalo.
My friends suggest me to do CSQ in New York since it is fast (9 months) and then apply to Moscow for final backround checks and medicals.

Thanks.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 3:26 am
Just Joined

Jim,

Thank you for the reply.
Could I apply directly to the Federal Program at Moscow visa post while I am in US without applying for CSQ? The CIC guideline says that you should apply at your country of origin or country of residence. Does it mean you can choose? In other words, for my case, since I will not likely to be in US for a long time could I apply directly to the Federal Program at Moscow visa post?Or, I should get CSQ in New York while I reside here and then apply for the Federal processing at Moscow.

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The plan should work - CSQ while in the USA and federal processing in your home country.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 3:33 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

If your destination Province is Quebec then you need to obtain CSQ first, before submitting your PR visa application.

If your destination in Canada is other then Quebec then simply submit PR visa application either to Buffalo or to Moscow.

Again - CSQ is only for those immigrating to Quebec.

Jim,

Thank you for the reply.
Could I apply directly to the Federal Program at Moscow visa post while I am in US without applying for CSQ? The CIC guideline says that you should apply at your country of origin or country of residence. Does it mean you can choose? In other words, for my case, since I will not likely to be in US for a long time could I apply directly to the Federal Program at Moscow visa post?Or, I should get CSQ in New York while I reside here and then apply for the Federal processing at Moscow.

Thank you.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification regarding Quebec and Canada. Am I correct to assume that I can apply to Moscow according to my country of origin even though I reside in USA now?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
If your destination Province is Quebec then you need to obtain CSQ first, before submitting your PR visa application.

If your destination in Canada is other then Quebec then simply submit PR visa application either to Buffalo or to Moscow.

Again - CSQ is only for those immigrating to Quebec.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 4:23 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, you may apply through Moscow if you are national of Armenia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tadjikistan or Uzbekistan, even if you reside currently in US.

Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification regarding Quebec and Canada. Am I correct to assume that I can apply to Moscow according to my country of origin even though I reside in USA now?

Thanks.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

If he becomes a PR through Federal Skilled Worker scheme, will he be able to work/live in Quebec or he will be needing some Certificate of Acceptance from them. I believe as a PR (Federal Category) you should be able to join any employer in Canada regardless its Quebec or any other province, right ?
Old Sep 4th 2004, 1:20 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If an applicant wihses to settle in Quebec they must first apply for a certificate of selection from Quebec and then make their federal application. Usually this is coordinated in advance. If the original poster wishes to settle in Quebec and wants to have his CSQ tthrough New York and then have the federal case dealt with through Moscow he may do so. He just has to advise the Quebec authorities who issue the CSQ.
Originally Posted by orazone
If he becomes a PR through Federal Skilled Worker scheme, will he be able to work/live in Quebec or he will be needing some Certificate of Acceptance from them. I believe as a PR (Federal Category) you should be able to join any employer in Canada regardless its Quebec or any other province, right ?
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for the replies and comments. So, if I apply to Canada I still can live in Quebec, I understand. Is it true that getting the final PR is faster through CSQ than applying just for the Federal Program?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If an applicant wihses to settle in Quebec they must first apply for a certificate of selection from Quebec and then make their federal application. Usually this is coordinated in advance. If the original poster wishes to settle in Quebec and wants to have his CSQ tthrough New York and then have the federal case dealt with through Moscow he may do so. He just has to advise the Quebec authorities who issue the CSQ.
Old Sep 4th 2004, 5:55 pm

Get this straight. If you want to live in Quebec when you land then you must apply to the Quebec authorities and obtain a CSQ. Then you can apply federally for the visa. If you do not do that and move immediately to Quebec you will have problems in many areas including the Quebec medical plan.

Thank you all for the replies and comments. So, if I apply to Canada I still can live in Quebec, I understand. Is it true that getting the final PR is faster through CSQ than applying just for the Federal Program?

Thank you.