Can the experts or advise?

Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can the experts or advise?

I know this question has been explored from various angles before but,,,,, when visiting Canada with a PR application in progress do I literally need to volunteer the information that I have a PR application in progress or do I just wait and see if I am asked or not. It just feels a bit contrived/weird to walk up to immigration officials at POE and say "hello, I 've got an immigration application in progress". Is it better to just answer the questions that are asked honestly. Do I have to tell them whether I am asked or not???

Thanks in advance, Jameso
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can the experts or advise?

Mr B didn't when he went to YWG in December. He wasn't concealing anything on purpose, just forgot about it and wasn't asked. We were only there for a week's visit though, it may have been a different matter if he'd been intending to "wait it out" in Canada.

In fact, he was there for a university interview and he had to tell the officer that, I thought he'd get a grilling but the guy asked "You're not going to work, are you?" and he said no, and that was the end of that - passport stamped and off we went.

Not sure how much use this is to you Jameso, but they certainly don't ask everyone if they have an app in process but obviously depending on your circumstance, it may be better to 'fess up before it transpires that you do

Best,

Biiiiink
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:13 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

If they ask, tell them, otherwise dont complicate things.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 2:28 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Omission is as bad as misinformation or lie.

Originally Posted by Jameso
I know this question has been explored from various angles before but,,,,, when visiting Canada with a PR application in progress do I literally need to volunteer the information that I have a PR application in progress or do I just wait and see if I am asked or not. It just feels a bit contrived/weird to walk up to immigration officials at POE and say "hello, I 've got an immigration application in progress". Is it better to just answer the questions that are asked honestly. Do I have to tell them whether I am asked or not???

Thanks in advance, Jameso
Old Apr 21st 2005, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Can the experts or advise?

I flew into Toronto last January for a 2 week stay and the question wasn't raised when I passed through immigration.

I posed a similar question on a different forum, can't remember which, and was told by someone that I might need a visitors vias so I faxed the question off the High Comission in London and about a week later got a photocopy of a document that described the visitor vias requirement for those visiting Canada from the UK on a British passport. In the margin was scribbled "No Visa Required" so I didn't bother getting one and was let into the country with out any problems.

Dozzzzy
Old Apr 21st 2005, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Omission is as bad as misinformation or lie.

Thanks Andrew, so I should volunteer the information, even if not asked???

Thanks again, just want to be clear

Jameso
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 2:29 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Not providing relevant info is clearly an omission.

Originally Posted by Jameso
Thanks Andrew, so I should volunteer the information, even if not asked???

Thanks again, just want to be clear

Jameso