Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can both of us move on one work permit?

Can both of us move on one work permit?

Old Aug 20th 2017, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Bigred01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can both of us move on one work permit?

Hi all,

Hope your all good 👍

I've recently posted about trying to secure a job from back home in the uk. Currently myself, 31 from the uk who is a piler ' drill holes for construction sites' and my girl friend 29 is a medical secretary for the NHS.

Currently I don't score high enough points to pass on the express entry visa so I'm thinking that trying to get a job offer will be the best way to go about moving over to Canada. I'm currently planning a trip over and hopefully securing a few job interviews for when I'm over in Canada, so I can meet face to face with employers possibly BC. My question is, if I manage to get a job offer from a Canadian employer, if they get a positive LMO, would my visa cover the two of us or would my partner need to find her own job and get her own visa?

Any information would be great, thanks in advance 👍
Old Aug 20th 2017, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can both of us move on one work permit?

Have you been living together with your girlfriend for over 12 months and have proof of such? If so and you are considered common law then Yes she could get a spousal open work permit off the back of yours as your job is in skill level B of the NOC (7372).
If not living together then she would need to apply separately.