Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can anyone please help me with contact number to report a missing PR card?

Can anyone please help me with contact number to report a missing PR card?

Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:17 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice
Default Can anyone please help me with contact number to report a missing PR card?

Hi there fellow expatters,

We "landed"officially on March 4th 2011 and I received my PR card and my 3 young childrens PR cards last Thursday but my husbands PR card is missing. (he was the principal applicant too)

I threw out the paperwork the cards were fixed to and Im not sure who to contact and query the missing card with?

Can someone give me a contact number please?

Thankyou
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:21 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone please help me with contact number to report a missing PR card?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...rcard-lost.asp

To obtain a Solemn Declaration form IMM 5451contact the Call Centre at: 1-888-242-2100.

After you have completed the form, please fax it to 1-902-564-3148 or mail it to the PR Card Processing Centre:

PR Card Processing Centre
P.O. Box 9000
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6K7

You can print the form here and fax to number given. People have died of old age waiting for the 888 number to be answered (probably).

Last edited by iaink; Apr 27th 2011 at 3:23 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 3:28 pm
Permanent resident

murrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nicemurrin is just really nice
Default Re: Can anyone please help me with contact number to report a missing PR card?

Originally Posted by iaink
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...rcard-lost.asp

To obtain a Solemn Declaration form IMM 5451contact the Call Centre at: 1-888-242-2100.

After you have completed the form, please fax it to 1-902-564-3148 or mail it to the PR Card Processing Centre:

PR Card Processing Centre
P.O. Box 9000
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 6K7

You can print the form here and fax to number given. People have died of old age waiting for the 888 number to be answered (probably).

Wow ...thankyou very much for the prompt reply.....im on it right now !
Old Apr 27th 2011, 4:21 pm
Permanent resident

Ok , I eventually got through and reported our missing card..apparently there was no problems with it and we should have received them together......we were asked to check with our local post office first and if we had no luck then we are to call cic again on the 11th may and ask for the solemn declaration form.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:02 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by murrin
Ok , I eventually got through and reported our missing card..apparently there was no problems with it and we should have received them together......we were asked to check with our local post office first and if we had no luck then we are to call cic again on the 11th may and ask for the solemn declaration form.

The PR cards are sent out separately, so I would bet that it will show up in the next week.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 8:32 pm
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The PR cards are sent out separately, so I would bet that it will show up in the next week.
Really?...they didnt tell me that when i called, its just seems odd that the kids and mine all arrived on the same day but my husbands was missing.......i will cross my fingers then that it turns up in the next couple of days , it will save the hassle of filling out another form (i hoped we were finished with paperwork for a while)

Thanks for info
Old Apr 27th 2011, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Hi Murrin,

Just wondered where you landed? I landed at Halifax, Nova Scotia on 3rd March and am still waiting for my PR card to turn up. I used a relatives address as we're now back in the UK waiting for our house to sell. I'm just debating whether to contact them yet (it has been over 4 weeks - the website states allow 30 WORKING days - which has now also passed) or to hang on another week or so.

Fingers crossed your husbands card turns up ... i know what you mean about more paperwork .. don't think I can face another form!!

Chobert
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:28 am
Permanent resident

Originally Posted by chobert
Hi Murrin,

Just wondered where you landed? I landed at Halifax, Nova Scotia on 3rd March and am still waiting for my PR card to turn up. I used a relatives address as we're now back in the UK waiting for our house to sell. I'm just debating whether to contact them yet (it has been over 4 weeks - the website states allow 30 WORKING days - which has now also passed) or to hang on another week or so.

Fingers crossed your husbands card turns up ... i know what you mean about more paperwork .. don't think I can face another form!!

Chobert
We are from Alberta and therefore 'landed' at Coutts!
I checked our p.o.box today and my husbands card was there ...so alls good for us now ..no more paperwork.....we were told at the border we would receive within 90 days so I wouldnt panic just yet.
I hope its not much longer for you though..its good to have it !
Old Apr 28th 2011, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Murrin,

Chobert
We landed in Toronto on Thursday, I think it was 5th March? That Thursday anyway, and our cards only arrived to my brothers on Vancouver Island on Tuesday......They do say allow 6 weeks or so...
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Thanks ... I've tried calling the Call Centre number (from the UK) but get a recorded message saying the first 3 or 6 digits i've dialled are incorrect.

The number is 1-888-242-2100 so i've dialled 001-888-242-2100 ... anyone help please!!?

Am I being stupid!!? (don't answer that)...
Old Apr 28th 2011, 8:27 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks ... I've tried calling the Call Centre number (from the UK) but get a recorded message saying the first 3 or 6 digits i've dialled are incorrect.

The number is 1-888-242-2100 so i've dialled 001-888-242-2100 ... anyone help please!!?

Am I being stupid!!? (don't answer that)...
Quite often you cant call an 888 number from outside a certain area. A lot of US 800 and 888 numbers are unobtainable from Canadian area codes for example.

Try calling the CHC in London instead?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks IainK ... I'll do that
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks IainK ... I'll do that
London will not have any information on missing PR cards. Also the call centre can no longer be contacted from outside Canada, the 613 no. no longer works. If there is a problem with the PR cards, a letter will be sent to your contact address in Canada.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:07 am
Just Joined

anneduncan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

we just landed in toronto and were told at the border that a P.O. Box with the Canadian Post Office is not OK to receive the PR Card.

Can someone help us clear that out?

thanks

Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:08 am
Just Joined

anneduncan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by murrin
We are from Alberta and therefore 'landed' at Coutts!
I checked our p.o.box today and my husbands card was there ...so alls good for us now ..no more paperwork.....we were told at the border we would receive within 90 days so I wouldnt panic just yet.
I hope its not much longer for you though..its good to have it !
that is awesome! I wish we can get our cards that fast.