Wikiposts

Can anyone offer advice please ?

Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

annie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud ofannie3-4 has much to be proud of
Wink Can anyone offer advice please ?

Hi there, although I am new to posting on the forum, I have been reading for about a year now.
Hoping for some advice, since we applied (last August, AOR Sept 2004) we have fostered a child (he is almost 15) It was supposed to be short term, a few weeks but things didnt work out with his family and he is with us for the duration.
We are hoping to move to the Oakville/Burlington area next summer when our middle daughter completes GCSEs,(we have 3 kids of our own) does anyone know of a way to include my foster son on our application without the process being held up. My immigration lawyer says we should adopt him, but this is a long process and his mother ( crack addict and alcoholic unfortunately) is unlikely to give consent. We are desperate to move to Canada, but I cannot leave this boy behind. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. Thankyou.
Annie.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 8:25 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can anyone offer advice please ?

Sorry, but adoption is the only way.

Originally Posted by annie3-4
Hi there, although I am new to posting on the forum, I have been reading for about a year now.
Hoping for some advice, since we applied (last August, AOR Sept 2004) we have fostered a child (he is almost 15) It was supposed to be short term, a few weeks but things didnt work out with his family and he is with us for the duration.
We are hoping to move to the Oakville/Burlington area next summer when our middle daughter completes GCSEs,(we have 3 kids of our own) does anyone know of a way to include my foster son on our application without the process being held up. My immigration lawyer says we should adopt him, but this is a long process and his mother ( crack addict and alcoholic unfortunately) is unlikely to give consent. We are desperate to move to Canada, but I cannot leave this boy behind. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated. Thankyou.
Annie.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 2:15 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Sorry, but adoption is the only way.
Not necessarily. They can include the child as a de facto family member and request that his application be included on H. & C. grounds. That is if CIC is willing to follow through on the Dept's statement, when the Regs on Guardianship were repealed.

"Notwithstanding the repeal of these Regulations, CIC will continue to deal with immigration cases where children in need of care are brought into families through guardianships. Currently, officers examine these situations case by case and where humanitarian and compassionate reasons exist, use their discretion to allow these children into Canada. "

It would take a bit of work and its not a do it yourself type application, as they would need information from the British Ministry and they are going to have get something from the natural parents.

Good luck.

PMM
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:20 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Original postr clearly indicated that mother of the child will not give consent. So, as long as mother is not stripped of her parental rights then without her consent even H&C will most likely not work here.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Andrew

Not necessarily. They can include the child as a de facto family member and request that his application be included on H. & C. grounds. That is if CIC is willing to follow through on the Dept's statement, when the Regs on Guardianship were repealed.

"Notwithstanding the repeal of these Regulations, CIC will continue to deal with immigration cases where children in need of care are brought into families through guardianships. Currently, officers examine these situations case by case and where humanitarian and compassionate reasons exist, use their discretion to allow these children into Canada. "

It would take a bit of work and its not a do it yourself type application, as they would need information from the British Ministry and they are going to have get something from the natural parents.

Good luck.

PMM