Can anybody Help With This?

Old Aug 28th 2005, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

blueeyes2002 will become famous soon enoughblueeyes2002 will become famous soon enough
Default Can anybody Help With This?

Hi All,

I am a Canadian Citizen under the old 52B law,(It's only just come through) and I've been looking though the CIC site for info on sponsoring my husband and son, however, if I've read this right does it mean my son is a citizen in his own right?

It's question 4 I'm not really sure on....

4) Is one of your parents a Canadian citizen because he or she
a) was born outside Canada between January 1, 1947, and February 14, 1977 (inclusive) AND, although eligible to be registered as a Canadian citizen at birth, was not registered* [see note] until after February 14, 1977?

Note:
Between January 1, 1947, and February 14, 1977 (inclusive), children born outside Canada to a Canadian parent had to be registered with the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship in order for them to be considered Canadian citizens. Children had to meet certain criteria and had to be registered within two years of their birth.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizen...worksheet.html

I come under this....... Born outside of Canada 1974, not registered as a citizen at the time ......

Please can anyone advise me on this?

Many Thanks In Advance.

Sandi