Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CALLING THE EXPERTS PLEASE..........

CALLING THE EXPERTS PLEASE..........

Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default CALLING THE EXPERTS PLEASE..........

We are exploring the possibility of going down the Alberta PNP route and wanted to get the opinons and facts from the people who know their stuff when it comes to Canada immigration.

1) Can we apply for PNP and leave PR running, or does it have to be cancelled??

2) We have an Immigration Agent who helped us apply for PR, is it ok to ask someone else to help with PNP?? ( I know that sounds strange but the other person is also a recruitment agent )??

Anyone with their knowledge and thoughts please advise

Bal
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:25 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CALLING THE EXPERTS PLEASE..........

Hi

Originally Posted by Bal uk
We are exploring the possibility of going down the Alberta PNP route and wanted to get the opinons and facts from the people who know their stuff when it comes to Canada immigration.

1) Can we apply for PNP and leave PR running, or does it have to be cancelled??

2) We have an Immigration Agent who helped us apply for PR, is it ok to ask someone else to help with PNP?? ( I know that sounds strange but the other person is also a recruitment agent )??

Anyone with their knowledge and thoughts please advise

Bal
1. Yes you can have two applications pending, as they are separate processes. If you get one, you cancel the other. But if they are both "in process" then you won't get a refund of the processing fees for the one you cancel.
2. You can use any paid representative who is a member of the Canadian Bar, Quebec Notaries or ICCRC but according to IMM 5476 you can only have one representative.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Yes you can have two applications pending, as they are separate processes. If you get one, you cancel the other. But if they are both "in process" then you won't get a refund of the processing fees for the one you cancel.
2. You can use any paid representative who is a member of the Canadian Bar, Quebec Notaries or ICCRC but according to IMM 5476 you can only have one representative.
Thanks so much PMM, just to clarify if we hired the second agent to do PNP do we have to let CIC know??

The reason why we are attracted to the new agent ( Shadi Norman ) is because she may be able to help secure employment and PNP etc.

regards

Bal
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:51 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks so much PMM, just to clarify if we hired the second agent to do PNP do we have to let CIC know??

The reason why we are attracted to the new agent ( Shadi Norman ) is because she may be able to help secure employment and PNP etc.

regards

Bal
She should know that you have to file the Representative IMM 5476, you don't file and CIC learns that you have a paid representative, your application will be refused. The ICCRC will then probably discipline her.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

That will be fine I think, if we get that far anyway, thanks again PMM.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:55 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

regards

Bal
Not sure what you are paying for, but it is illegal in Canada to charge someone to get find them work.

http://alberta.ca/home/NewsFrame.cfm...38BB61E79.html

http://www.servicealberta.ca/pdf/tip...s_Tipsheet.pdf

http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/...is_fn_epfn.php

Last edited by Aviator; Dec 1st 2011 at 8:58 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 10:38 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

regards

Bal
I just had to chuckle at the name Shadi !
Is it pronounced "shady" ? Not exactly a name that would instill confidence.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 6:29 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

No it rhymes with laddy not shady! Lol and she knows her stuff, my dh is flying into BC next week on a pnp she got for us in 4 months! Just to clarify bal, she won't get you a job, that's illegal, she does however network (Canada is all about who you know!) and will find jobs available to people with your qualifications, and she will speak to the employer and explain that if they want to hire you there wont be any trouble with immigration, because you will be paying for everything, thus removing most of the reasons they don't want immigrants! You then have an interview with the employer, normally over the phone, you have to land the job but she will grease wheels first.
as I recommended, check her out with the cic database, I know three families in Canada now because of her and can't praise her highly enough!
You will have to tell cic that you are changing agent as PMM says, you can only have one agent at a time.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by __TJ__
No it rhymes with laddy not shady! Lol and she knows her stuff, my dh is flying into BC next week on a pnp she got for us in 4 months! Just to clarify bal, she won't get you a job, that's illegal, she does however network (Canada is all about who you know!) and will find jobs available to people with your qualifications, and she will speak to the employer and explain that if they want to hire you there wont be any trouble with immigration, because you will be paying for everything, thus removing most of the reasons they don't want immigrants! You then have an interview with the employer, normally over the phone, you have to land the job but she will grease wheels first.
as I recommended, check her out with the cic database, I know three families in Canada now because of her and can't praise her highly enough!
You will have to tell cic that you are changing agent as PMM says, you can only have one agent at a time.
Hmmm, I'm sure there are people more knowledgeable than I, but even though it's up to you to land the job, she's still taking money to look for those positions.

It sounds much like a service recruitment agent would provide, BUT a recruitment agent wouldn't charge the candidate a penny, they get their money from the company looking for the employee.

Looking at the links Aviator posted I think she's doing something she shouldn't be:

If you are helping people find work you are an employment agency. Does she even have a Employment Agency Business License?

From the PDF "No employment agency may charge a fee for helping a person find a job."

I think she's breaking the law in providing this service, unless she (a) has a Employment Agency Business License, and (b) can prove not a penny of the money you paid here was for her time spent putting you in touch with employers (and that may be a tough thing to do).

Probably won't impact you as I don't think it's illegal for you to pay someone, just for them to take the money.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:12 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

My buddy did a BC PNP application for an employee without a 'consultant' and his came through in under 4 months, so not sure the consultant makes a lot of difference to the timeline or success of it.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

She does not say she can get anyone a job or persuade an employer to give someone a job, that sounds quite ridiculous

Shadi simply does the paperwork required to get PNP etc and so on, as I understand it, everyone just chill out and relax

Thanks Tracey will let CIC know when things work out.

Last edited by Crushing; Dec 2nd 2011 at 4:38 pm. Reason: Addition