Calling all Ex-Pat Scientists!

Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Dr Glitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all Ex-Pat Scientists!

Dear all,
I currently work in the UK biotech/pharma industry and will shortly be submitting my PR application. (Hopefully) once I get it approved, I will be going over for an initial 2-3 weeks to try and seek out employment in the BC area. Despite hearing that there is a real shortage of skilled scientists in Canada, I can never find any evidence of this (ie no job adverts etc) - Is this really true or am I going to struggle to find work in this sector once I'm over there?...

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dr.Glitz.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all Ex-Pat Scientists!

There are so many kinds of scientist. Some are very in demand, others are just none existence simply they do not have fascilities. Another thing is you have to get thru the affiliation of their profesional bodies. Which field are you in??

Originally posted by Dr Glitz
Dear all,
I currently work in the UK biotech/pharma industry and will shortly be submitting my PR application. (Hopefully) once I get it approved, I will be going over for an initial 2-3 weeks to try and seek out employment in the BC area. Despite hearing that there is a real shortage of skilled scientists in Canada, I can never find any evidence of this (ie no job adverts etc) - Is this really true or am I going to struggle to find work in this sector once I'm over there?...

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dr.Glitz.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Dr Glitz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Redwings
There are so many kinds of scientist. Some are very in demand, others are just none existence simply they do not have fascilities. Another thing is you have to get thru the affiliation of their profesional bodies. Which field are you in??

Oncology Drug Discovery.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwings is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also a medical profesional (Oncology). You might want to check this site in B.C.:

www.bccancer.bc.ca

there are some related links.

Originally posted by Dr Glitz
Oncology Drug Discovery.