Calgary emigration

Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future
Default Calgary emigration

Calgary emigration My Wife and I plus 3 children aged 8,6 and 3 have appled (April 2004) for emigration to Calgary because we LOVE it there. We received confirmation and our file number from the CHC in London in June 2004. We hope to get our visas by by April 2006.

Last edited by apfairhurst; Apr 7th 2005 at 8:14 am.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:20 am
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary emigration

Originally Posted by apfairhurst
Calgary emigration My Wife and I plus 3 children aged 8,6 and 3 have appled (April 2004) for emigration to Calgary because we LOVE it there. We received confirmation and our file number from the CHC in London in June 2004. We hope to get our visas by by April 2006.

Welcome! We also applied in April 2004 (ditto AOR) and we too are heading for Calgary. Going out again in October this year for what, we hope, will be our final recce before moving (again hopefully!). Like you we hope that this time next year we will be there.

Best of luck Jen
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jenwren
Welcome! We also applied in April 2004 (ditto AOR) and we too are heading for Calgary. Going out again in October this year for what, we hope, will be our final recce before moving (again hopefully!). Like you we hope that this time next year we will be there.

Best of luck Jen
Thanks Jen, we hadn't planned on going out again this year because we were there last year. My Wife has a sister living in Calgary so we will have alot of help when we get there. The only decision we need to make is whether we buy a house in town or go for what we really want which is an acreage. We have however read and been advised that an acreage in the early stages is not recommended as we would need to get used to the winters. What are your plans ?
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:05 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Sorry for being a pain, but

you emigrate from the UK
you immigrate to Calgary
you migrate, if you are a bird (or a wimp, who spends the winter in Florida)

Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mhhp
Sorry for being a pain, but

you emigrate from the UK
you immigrate to Calgary
you migrate, if you are a bird (or a wimp, who spends the winter in Florida)

Thanks, I wasn't sure which spelling to use. However, I do still intend to immigrate to Calgary. I have just read a paragragh from a very devistated applicant whos application was turned down owing to lack of points for education. I do not know what I will do if we get turned down.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jen, we hadn't planned on going out again this year because we were there last year. My Wife has a sister living in Calgary so we will have alot of help when we get there. The only decision we need to make is whether we buy a house in town or go for what we really want which is an acreage. We have however read and been advised that an acreage in the early stages is not recommended as we would need to get used to the winters. What are your plans ?

Hi there - from a Calgary veteran...lol
We have been acreage dwellers for the last six years of our time here - wouldn't go back to city living now (well, at least not until I get too old to deal with the snow). I have pics on the gallery of snow on an acreage if you want to see. Have been snowed in a couple of times. Couldn't even get out of the garage onto the drive, let alone the road! Love it here though, snow or not!

Good luck with your application!
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:28 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Thanks, I wasn't sure which spelling to use. However, I do still intend to immigrate to Calgary. I have just read a paragragh from a very devistated applicant whos application was turned down owing to lack of points for education. I do not know what I will do if we get turned down.
Sorry for being a pain apfairhurst, but I just couldnt resist that one, its one of my pet peeves.

And yes Craftybanshees thread is increadibly depressing, but they have not given up yet.

When I get depressed, I just type "got it" into the search window, after 15 minutes of going through the results I feel better. It is almost,.....not quite, but almost......as good as e/client checking.

Welcome to the forum, and have some fun during the wait

Last edited by mhhp; Apr 10th 2005 at 8:31 am.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:34 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mhhp
When I get depressed, I just type "got it" into the search window, after 15 minutes of going through the results I feel better. It is almost,.....not quite, but almost......as good as e/client checking.
I thought that was a nice idea so i tried it....... with the folowing result:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : got, it"

Old Apr 10th 2005, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Calgal
We have been acreage dwellers for the last six years of our time here - wouldn't go back to city living now (well, at least not until I get too old to deal with the snow). I have pics on the gallery of snow on an acreage if you want to see. Have been snowed in a couple of times. Couldn't even get out of the garage onto the drive, let alone the road! Love it here though, snow or not!

I am sure we will end up buying an acreage. I want at leat 10 acres of land for the dogs and children to run around in, and a bloody great barn/hanger big enough to get 2 cars, a camper van and quad bikes. That's what we are going to Canada for. Cheers.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

I don't know what it is lately, but quite a few people seem to be headed for Calgary...Is it the Water?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
I don't know what it is lately, but quite a few people seem to be headed for Calgary...Is it the Water?
No Frankie - it's just the best place in Canada (IN MY OPINION before anyone jumps on me for that )
Old Apr 10th 2005, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

No Frankie - it's just the best place in Canada (IN MY OPINION before anyone jumps on me for that )
I AGREE!!! What a fantastic opinion you have
Old Apr 11th 2005, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Frankie, if I have done the maths right, did you get your visas issued within 14 months of receiving your AOR. Under the skilled worker route this is really quick? I received my AOR on 2nd July 04 which means if I am as lucky as you, we should receive our visas by September 05 unless I have got it all wrong. What do you reckon....

Last edited by apfairhurst; Apr 11th 2005 at 7:22 am.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Frankie, if I have done the maths right, did you get your visas issued within 14 months of receiving your AOR. Under the skilled worker route this is really quick? I received my AOR on 2nd July 04 which means if I am as lucky as you, we should receive our visas by September 05 unless I have got it all wrong. What do you reckon....
Well it's all there, and I think I'm joe average...Nowt special, just a plain old immigration case, so who knows...But what I will say,try not to judge your own application on someone elses...others were quicker than me, and I was getting sooooo frustrated...Just a point to note though they are currently working on Feb 04 AOR's...Have a look at how long from AOR until contact, and then you can work from there, because believe me things come flying in...medicals, passport requests then visa.
Good luck
Frankieforehead
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Calgal...did you buy an acreage as soon as you arrived in Calgary or did you buy a city house first to see how the winters would affect you. I do not really want the hassle and added cost of moving twice but also do not want the hassle of being snowed in all the time. The idea of land and a big barn does excite me though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.