Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:27 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 208
Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Hi Helen and everyone else

My husband and I (34 &31), no kids, AOR Aug 2005. We got to Calgary nearly a month ago on a work permit and just hoping the meds come through soon and don't get held up by the mail redirection!!

Would love to maybe meet up with any likewise people already here or heading over. Feel free to PM me

Kaz x
Kazphillips is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:26 am
  #17  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Coffeepot's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: back in Cambs
Posts: 7,157
Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Originally Posted by Kazphillips View Post
Hi Helen and everyone else

My husband and I (34 &31), no kids, AOR Aug 2005. We got to Calgary nearly a month ago on a work permit and just hoping the meds come through soon and don't get held up by the mail redirection!!

Would love to maybe meet up with any likewise people already here or heading over. Feel free to PM me

Kaz x
How are you liking it there,
Coffeepot is offline  
Old Feb 8th 2008, 4:42 am
  #18  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: De winton, Alberta
Posts: 10
Ranjeet2217 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Check out http://brit.meetup.com/307/, we a have our next meet up in couple of weeks.
Ranjeet2217 is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:35 am
  #19  
Moved from Chester UK
Thread Starter
 
IckleHelen's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 387
IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Originally Posted by Ranjeet2217 View Post
Check out http://brit.meetup.com/307/, we a have our next meet up in couple of weeks.
Thanks for the link. I've book marked it for future use (i.e. when we get over there).
IckleHelen is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2008, 2:37 pm
  #20  
BE Forum Addict
 
adele's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
Posts: 1,202
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Originally Posted by Kazphillips View Post
Hi Helen and everyone else

My husband and I (34 &31), no kids, AOR Aug 2005. We got to Calgary nearly a month ago on a work permit and just hoping the meds come through soon and don't get held up by the mail redirection!!

Would love to maybe meet up with any likewise people already here or heading over. Feel free to PM me

Kaz x
Hi Kaz

Glad to hear u are in Canada already! I remember that we applied at the same time and it was you who sold me the TEF tapes wasn't it?! Hope you are liking Calgary and hope u hear from CHC soon. I just got a second 90 day letter from them asking for more documents. With it they returned my TEF certificates and also requested medicals! So my medical is booked for 14th March and am rapidly trying to get the other stuff together...

Keep in touch,
Adele
adele is online now  
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:56 pm
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 208
Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Hi Adele

It is great seeing the people I consider my "generation" ie Aug 05s getting meds. I just wish ours would arrive. i am panicking because i emailed CHC 3 weeks ago with the change of address etc and nothing. Especially as some med reqs seem to only give 4 weeks to get them done. We have our mail redirected but it does delay things and I would hate to miss the meds deadline because of that especially since I have notified CHC.

But still, we are here and loving it - even a couple of weeks ago when it got down to -32 and -45 with the windchill here in Calgary. I am working for an engineering firm and really enjoying it so far. i guess the only down is not being able to sell our flat in the UK and my hubby taking quite a paycut to get here. Emmigrating just eats up money and things are tighter than we had expected. but at the end of the day we are here and that is what we wanted!

kaz x
Kazphillips is offline  
Old Feb 9th 2008, 9:05 pm
  #22  
BE Forum Addict
 
adele's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
Posts: 1,202
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Originally Posted by Kazphillips View Post
Hi Adele

It is great seeing the people I consider my "generation" ie Aug 05s getting meds. I just wish ours would arrive. i am panicking because i emailed CHC 3 weeks ago with the change of address etc and nothing. Especially as some med reqs seem to only give 4 weeks to get them done. We have our mail redirected but it does delay things and I would hate to miss the meds deadline because of that especially since I have notified CHC.

But still, we are here and loving it - even a couple of weeks ago when it got down to -32 and -45 with the windchill here in Calgary. I am working for an engineering firm and really enjoying it so far. i guess the only down is not being able to sell our flat in the UK and my hubby taking quite a paycut to get here. Emmigrating just eats up money and things are tighter than we had expected. but at the end of the day we are here and that is what we wanted!

kaz x
Haha "our generation", I like that! Glad you are enjoying yourselves Kaz! As long as you can get by then finances aren't the be all and end all IMO anyway. When I worked the ski season in Panorama we had -35, I remember that! At least in Calgary the Chinook wind can change things pretty quickly.

Good luck with getting the med requests through quickly - I found mine pretty strange to get request for more docs AND med request at same time; I have 90 days to send everything they requested...

Are you working as well? How did you find the job hunt?

Hope you're getting in plenty of skiing, really would love to be in the snow now!

All the best, keep me posted!

Adele
adele is online now  
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:12 am
  #23  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 617
Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Originally Posted by adele View Post
Haha "our generation", I like that! Glad you are enjoying yourselves Kaz! As long as you can get by then finances aren't the be all and end all IMO anyway. When I worked the ski season in Panorama we had -35, I remember that! At least in Calgary the Chinook wind can change things pretty quickly.

Good luck with getting the med requests through quickly - I found mine pretty strange to get request for more docs AND med request at same time; I have 90 days to send everything they requested...

Are you working as well? How did you find the job hunt?

Hope you're getting in plenty of skiing, really would love to be in the snow now!

All the best, keep me posted!

Adele
hey Aug 2005 here too. waiting for my med request. I had written Toronto in my application but actually am undecided as to where i should go. as so many of us Aug2005's are going to Calagry, i am thinking.

but i dont want to jump the wagon. praying for med request.

regs
Reghuraj is offline  
Old Feb 10th 2008, 1:40 pm
  #24  
BE Forum Addict
 
adele's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
Posts: 1,202
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Originally Posted by Reghuraj View Post
hey Aug 2005 here too. waiting for my med request. I had written Toronto in my application but actually am undecided as to where i should go. as so many of us Aug2005's are going to Calagry, i am thinking.

but i dont want to jump the wagon. praying for med request.

regs
Hi Regs

Yeah I remember you as well as Kaz from the original Aug 05 AOR gang! Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear from CHC soon. As well as doing medicals I also have to send in updated IMM0008 and Schedule 1 forms, police certs (UK and Norway), proof of funds and RPRF so plenty to get sorted in the next few weeks!

Keep us posted with how you get on, all the best,

Adele
adele is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.