Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:54 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Default Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Hi All

Me and my partner are hoping to move to Calgary as soon as our skilled worker application goes through. We have an AOR of August 2005, and providing we are accepted plan to settle in Calgary.

Prior to landing I'd like to try to get to know people in a similar situation to ourselves - that is are heading to Calgary with a 2005 AOR. It would be nice to build up a few friendships before we leave all UK family and friends behind, making those early days/weeks/month a little easier.

I'll start with a little info about myself. I'm 28, my boyfriend (who is the main applicant) is 29, we've been together for 9 years and don't have any kids. It's been 4 years since we started thinking about emigrating, which feels like a life time ago.

I found this forum to be very useful when we were filling in the application. But a couple of months after submitting it I decided in order to keep myself sane and get through the 36 month wait I should try to get on with my life in the UK. Though that doesn't mean I stopped wanting to move. I think it was discussions with friends about what we think 2008 has in store for us that spurred be back on here. Fortunately it did, apparently people with similar AORs to us received update letters last year. I've just fired off an email to London to ask CIC whether we should have had one.

Anyway, hope to hear back from Calgary bound folk with 2005 AORs!

Helen
xxx
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

I am not in the caterogy of folk you are asking for, but welcome and good luck anyway.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:42 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by destinationnovascotia
I am not in the caterogy of folk you are asking for, but welcome and good luck anyway.
Thanks for making the effort to reply anyway. It's nice to be back. It's such a nice and helpful forum.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Helen I remember you looking at condos with Gerald. Good memory, eh?!

Hope all's well with you, and that you get your update letter soon.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Hi All

Me and my partner are hoping to move to Calgary as soon as our skilled worker application goes through. We have an AOR of August 2005, and providing we are accepted plan to settle in Calgary.

Prior to landing I'd like to try to get to know people in a similar situation to ourselves - that is are heading to Calgary with a 2005 AOR. It would be nice to build up a few friendships before we leave all UK family and friends behind, making those early days/weeks/month a little easier.

I'll start with a little info about myself. I'm 28, my boyfriend (who is the main applicant) is 29, we've been together for 9 years and don't have any kids. It's been 4 years since we started thinking about emigrating, which feels like a life time ago.

I found this forum to be very useful when we were filling in the application. But a couple of months after submitting it I decided in order to keep myself sane and get through the 36 month wait I should try to get on with my life in the UK. Though that doesn't mean I stopped wanting to move. I think it was discussions with friends about what we think 2008 has in store for us that spurred be back on here. Fortunately it did, apparently people with similar AORs to us received update letters last year. I've just fired off an email to London to ask CIC whether we should have had one.

Helen
xxx
Hi Helen, welcome back to BE we are going east but wish you all the best, hope you get a reply from CIC soon,
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:26 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Welcome back Helen I remember you looking at condos with Gerald. Good memory, eh?!
That's right we were, surprised you remember me. Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:07 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hi All

Helen
xxx

Hi Helen

Not quite in the category you asked for as I am already in Calgary but thought I would say HI!
I am also 28, married with no kids (yet!) so if you want to hook up when you eventually get here just let me know. Also if you want to know what life is like out here feel free to PM me.

Hope you get the news you are waiting for soon, I remember the waiting all too well

Best Wishes, Tanya
Old Jan 31st 2008, 8:47 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Hi Helen

Not quite in the category you asked for as I am already in Calgary but thought I would say HI!
I am also 28, married with no kids (yet!) so if you want to hook up when you eventually get here just let me know. Also if you want to know what life is like out here feel free to PM me.

Hope you get the news you are waiting for soon, I remember the waiting all too well

Best Wishes, Tanya
Hi Tanya

Thanks for the message. I will send you a PM

I should have put people who are already in Calgary or landing 2008/2009 in my original message. I tried to edit it but it won't let me. Essentially all I was trying to say is people who'll be in Calgary about the same time as we land.

Cheers

Helen
xxx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:37 pm
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Calgary Bound - AOR 2005?

Hi All

Helen
xxx

Hi Helen

We have a 4th Aug 2005 AOR and had our meds Jan 12th, hope to get our visas soon. We have our landing trip planned for Calgary in June/July this year just in time for Canada Day & Stampede then we will come back and sort stuff out here, hope to move permanently to Calgary in 09 but will depend on work for hubby so going to visit Ottawa also.

We are in our 30s married with a little girl. Good luck with the move

Andrea
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:15 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by Andrea&Mark
Hi Helen

We have a 4th Aug 2005 AOR and had our meds Jan 12th, hope to get our visas soon. We have our landing trip planned for Calgary in June/July this year just in time for Canada Day & Stampede then we will come back and sort stuff out here, hope to move permanently to Calgary in 09 but will depend on work for hubby so going to visit Ottawa also.

We are in our 30s married with a little girl. Good luck with the move

Andrea
Thanks for the post Andrea, I've sent you PM.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:40 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I remember you Helen.... welcome back.

You won't want to meet me though .... I'm far too old!

Hi Andrea ..... how's things????
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:27 am
Visa Feb 2008,

Andrea&Mark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Morwenna

You won't want to meet me though .... I'm far too old!

Hi Andrea ..... how's things????
Hi there

All fine thanks. Going to post or take passports to CIC in a couple of weeks Can't wait to go back to Calgary and see how things have changed since 2005. Going to do the tourism thing this time aswell, Stampede etc plus upto Lake Louise.

Hope you and your family are well
Andrea
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud ofdanfolkestone has much to be proud of

I fall into your extended definition. I'm planning to move to Calgary with my Calgarian wife within the next few months. I'm heading out there for a week later this month to attend a friend's wedding in Golden, and we will be looking for job and housing opportunities while we're in town.

Dan
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:06 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Thanks for the welcome. I remember you too.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:09 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by danfolkestone
I fall into your extended definition. I'm planning to move to Calgary with my Calgarian wife within the next few months. I'm heading out there for a week later this month to attend a friend's wedding in Golden, and we will be looking for job and housing opportunities while we're in town.

Dan
Thanks for the PM Dan. Hope everything works out for you and your application goes through in time.

Have fun in Golden!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.