Cairo?!

Old Apr 29th 2015, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Gavnfld is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cairo?!

Hi!
Just a bit of advice from anyone in the know please.
Got an email from CPC-CTD-OTTAWA today regarding finalising permanent resident visa for my wife (Hooray) and asking us to submit a photocopy of my wifes passport (visa -exempt) to Embassy of Canada, Cairo, Egypt by courier only?!?!
Sadly the London consulate is closed now so thought i would seek expert advice on here!!!! Just in case im being duped in to something
Cheers in advance for any help!!!

Gavin
Old Apr 29th 2015, 7:07 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cairo?!

Which stream? Any ties to Cairo? Need a bit more info...
Old Apr 29th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks
I live in UK,its to finalise `Sponsor of a Spouse outside Canada`, the decision was made on 18th March by CIC and says they will be in touch. Got this email today saying to send a photocopy of the passport by courier to Egypt to finalise the case?? A bit strange i think
I`m going to phone consulate tomoz
Old Apr 29th 2015, 8:02 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Is your wife Egyptian? Do you have any other ties to Egypt?
Old Apr 29th 2015, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Schnook,
Cheers for your interest! No not egyptian!!
Think its a scam cos the UCI numbers dont match up but still concerned by the content. I will phone the consulate tomorrow even if its just to let them know!! Wanting passport photocopies (not even certified ones??) seems a bit odd dont u think
Old Apr 29th 2015, 8:14 am
Concierge

Who did the email come from?

It sounds like it might be an oversight. If you are from a visa-exempt country then passport copies are fine and they aren't certified, it's a common request. It's just odd that you're being told to send them to Cairo when you have no link to Egypt, hence I was asking maybe if your wife was Egyptian then they might have Egypt issue the COPR, or if your wife is currently living there, and so on.

The UCI numbers not matching up is more worrying, though. You can try calling, but it's unlikely you'll find a phone number for London! You might be better off sending a case-specific email. Info on how to contact London is in the FAQ linked in mys ignature.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 9:23 am
Just Joined

[email protected]

The address looks legit but a bit strange re Egypt and the numbers.
Do they normally ask for a photocopy to finalise the COPR?
Ill follow the link and thanks again for your help.
Gav
Old Apr 29th 2015, 10:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gavnfld
[email protected]

The address looks legit but a bit strange re Egypt and the numbers.
Do they normally ask for a photocopy to finalise the COPR?
Ill follow the link and thanks again for your help.
Gav
Yes, you do need to send a photocopy, I suspect it's just a mistake and they've asked you to send it to the wrong place.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yes, you do need to send a photocopy, I suspect it's just a mistake and they've asked you to send it to the wrong place.
Hmm don't they usually want a certified copy???
Old Apr 29th 2015, 10:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themajor
Hmm don't they usually want a certified copy???
No, they don't. When did you immigrate to Canada? The sending of a copy of a passport (rather than the actual passport itself) is a fairly new thing.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

I havent immigrated! Im living in Scotland. I`m sponsoring my wife so we can move over there. This is hopefully the last bit of info they need and usually everything is certified. It was the Egypt bit thats getting me?! I contacted a couple of depts so hopefully they can sort it out and get it finalised
Old Apr 29th 2015, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Gavnfld
I havent immigrated!
Note I was quoting themajor's post.

As I said, I think CIC have just put the wrong office by mistake, it should be sorted fairly easily.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

No, they don't. When did you immigrate to Canada? The sending of a copy of a passport (rather than the actual passport itself) is a fairly new thing.
I have not emigrated to Canada. Just trying to be helpfull. Whenever I have had to send copies of my passport to any Govt officals it has ALWAYS been a "certified" copy. Hence my comment.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 11:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by themajor
I have not emigrated to Canada. Just trying to be helpfull. Whenever I have had to send copies of my passport to any Govt officals it has ALWAYS been a "certified" copy. Hence my comment.
Ah, ok. Canada doesn't require certified copies of anything unless it's a translation of a document.

I realise you were trying to help, but each country has very different requirements in terms of immigration and documents, so please don't respond to threads in immigration forums unless you actually have first hand knowledge or experience of that country's rules and requirements, thanks.
Old Apr 30th 2015, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah, ok. Canada doesn't require certified copies of anything unless it's a translation of a document.

I realise you were trying to help, but each country has very different requirements in terms of immigration and documents, so please don't respond to threads in immigration forums unless you actually have first hand knowledge or experience of that country's rules and requirements, thanks.
Oki Doki! Point taken

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.