Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CAIPS: Question for Humphries, PMM or Miller

CAIPS: Question for Humphries, PMM or Miller

Old Nov 17th 2004, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Aspirant2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question CAIPS: Question for Humphries, PMM or Miller

HI esteemed members,

I ordered a CAIPS Notes and found the following on the narrative section:

"STILL PENDING: Update 8's for subject and spouse".

It reads "Update" and NOT "Updated".

I don't know whether this means that an officer or someone at the visa office has to "update" my Form 8, which I am assuming is IMM008? Or does it mean that they need an "updated" copy of my form 8? If an officer has to "update", then what would they be updating?

What is confusing is that, after my interview waiver, I have already sent the LOR, Funds and IMM008. I also see the BDEC and SECDEC as complete with future dates on it, so I think these are complete. FBI and PCCs have also been submitted about 6 months ago.

So, if they want my updated Form 8, will they start checks all over again?

I am really scared now.

Thanks,
-Aspirant
Old Nov 17th 2004, 10:27 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAIPS: Question for Humphries, PMM or Miller

This is partial information and not the best for a precise answer. When did you send in the new IMM8? Is there a date near the remark in the notes? It may be out of date now if you supplied the new imm8 info.

Originally Posted by Aspirant2000
HI esteemed members,

I ordered a CAIPS Notes and found the following on the narrative section:

"STILL PENDING: Update 8's for subject and spouse".

It reads "Update" and NOT "Updated".

I don't know whether this means that an officer or someone at the visa office has to "update" my Form 8, which I am assuming is IMM008? Or does it mean that they need an "updated" copy of my form 8? If an officer has to "update", then what would they be updating?

What is confusing is that, after my interview waiver, I have already sent the LOR, Funds and IMM008. I also see the BDEC and SECDEC as complete with future dates on it, so I think these are complete. FBI and PCCs have also been submitted about 6 months ago.

So, if they want my updated Form 8, will they start checks all over again?

I am really scared now.

Thanks,
-Aspirant
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

HI Jim,
Here is the full info.

On April 2004, I got a waiver and was asked LOR,Funds and IMM8. The CAIPS also indicated they had requested updated LOR, Proof of funds and updated IMM8's for me and my spouse. I sent these on June 2004.
On August 2004, the CAIPS narrative showed:
"RECVD: LOR and Updated Funds". The same officer indicated "STILL PENDING: Update 8's for subject and spouse" on August 2004, same day as the "RECVD: LOR & Updated Funds" notes.

My lawyer nor me have received any information regarding sending updated IMM8's.

So, I don't know if they want me to send updated Form 8's and if so, what happened to the old one?

To be on the safe side, should I send updated IMM8 for me and my spouse? My fear is whether this would this trigger another security check and all that? Right now, the BDEC=1 and and SEC STATUS=1 with a SECDEC validity date until 2006, so I guess the Background check and security checks are complete.

Thanks,
-Aspirant2000.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
This is partial information and not the best for a precise answer. When did you send in the new IMM8? Is there a date near the remark in the notes? It may be out of date now if you supplied the new imm8 info.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 12:58 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

HI Jim,
Here is the full info.

On April 2004, I got a waiver and was asked LOR,Funds and IMM8. The CAIPS also indicated they had requested updated LOR, Proof of funds and updated IMM8's for me and my spouse. I sent these on June 2004.
On August 2004, the CAIPS narrative showed:
"RECVD: LOR and Updated Funds". The same officer indicated "STILL PENDING: Update 8's for subject and spouse" on August 2004, same day as the "RECVD: LOR & Updated Funds" notes.

My lawyer nor me have received any information regarding sending updated IMM8's.

So, I don't know if they want me to send updated Form 8's and if so, what happened to the old one?

To be on the safe side, should I send updated IMM8 for me and my spouse? My fear is whether this would this trigger another security check and all that? Right now, the BDEC=1 and and SEC STATUS=1 with a SECDEC validity date until 2006, so I guess the Background check and security checks are complete.

Thanks,
-Aspirant2000.
If you have a lawyer assisting you then you should follow his or her advice.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

HI Jim,
I agree with you in that I should follow my lawyer's advice.

As a former officer, what are your thoughts on this? What do you think is happening here? Assuming one was without representation, what would you have recommended one should do?

Thanks,
-Aspirant2000
If you have a lawyer assisting you then you should follow his or her advice.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:36 pm

HI Jim,
I agree with you in that I should follow my lawyer's advice.

As a former officer, what are your thoughts on this? What do you think is happening here? Assuming one was without representation, what would you have recommended one should do?

Thanks,
-Aspirant2000
If you are aure that an updated IMM8 was sent in with the other items then it seems it has strayed. It is hard to understand how that could happen. To be safe, send in another one.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jim,
Thank you for your reply.

I only hope that the updated IMM8 does not trigger another round of security/background checks. I have already waited 2 1/2 years.

Thank you,
-Aspirant2000

If you are aure that an updated IMM8 was sent in with the other items then it seems it has strayed. It is hard to understand how that could happen. To be safe, send in another one.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Do I need to mention in my cover letter that according to the CAIPS Notes, the updated IMM8 was missing, so I am sending the updated IMM8's?

Thanks,
-Aspirant2000

Hi Jim,
Thank you for your reply.

I only hope that the updated IMM8 does not trigger another round of security/background checks. I have already waited 2 1/2 years.

Thank you,
-Aspirant2000
Old Nov 18th 2004, 3:02 pm

Do I need to mention in my cover letter that according to the CAIPS Notes, the updated IMM8 was missing, so I am sending the updated IMM8's?

Thanks,
-Aspirant2000
I would certainly point that out.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Who triggers background and security checks? Is it the desk clerk who opens the FedEx packages and inserts into our respective folders? Or is it the visa officer?

My fear is that if I send the Form 8, would the desk clerk or an officer automatically trigger the security checks, since logically Form 8 is an input for security checks?

My CAIPS indicates that security check is valid until 2006, so I hope the officer sees this and does not trigger checks again....

Thank you Mr. Humphries for your prompt inputs.

-Aspirant2000

I would certainly point that out.
Old Nov 18th 2004, 7:23 pm

Who triggers background and security checks? Is it the desk clerk who opens the FedEx packages and inserts into our respective folders? Or is it the visa officer?

My fear is that if I send the Form 8, would the desk clerk or an officer automatically trigger the security checks, since logically Form 8 is an input for security checks?

My CAIPS indicates that security check is valid until 2006, so I hope the officer sees this and does not trigger checks again....

Thank you Mr. Humphries for your prompt inputs.

-Aspirant2000
Now you are worrying way way too much. Officers take all decisions except for the return of incomplete applications to applicants for proper completion.