Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CAIPS Question, Experts please advise

Wikiposts

CAIPS Question, Experts please advise

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

cookie_monster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAIPS Question, Experts please advise

Hello,

I applied as skilled worker,
and my time-line is

Applied July 2001 (Islamabad)
AOR Aug 2001
New Forms and Ielts required March 2004
New forms and Docs sent April 2004 (Did'nt Send IELTS)
Letter from CIC May 2004 (stating didnt recieve IELTS)

in the end, the letter also says that CIC will no longer be able to give any further information about my application.
I did not send IELTS because i did a bachelor's degree from U.S. and also worked here for one year. I explained this with the new forms i sent them that how i use english everyday.

now my question is ,what my application status would be?

because Eclient says in process since july 2001.

would CAIPS is of any help for me in this matter?

thank you.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:08 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAIPS Question, Experts please advise

And this was your biggest mistake - not submitting IELTS results when asked. The reason you were asked for IELTS was simple - substitute evidence of your proficiency in English (including your explanation letter) wasn't conclusive enough to make an assessment. By deciding not to submit what you were asked for you have most likely received not enough (if any at all) points for English. And because CIC cannot (due to court order) send refusals for pre-2002 cases (while they can send approvals) you didn't get the refusal yet. Just pray that I'm mistaken (and believe me I hope I am) in my assessment and that only thing holding your application back is security check, because if it is not then you are awaiting refusal.

Fact of doing Bachelor's degree and working in US for a year proves nothing as far as proficiency in English goes. About a year ago we had report here from the fellow who did Master's and PhD in US but was asked for IELTS anyway and got less than 7 points in all 4 skills on the test.

Originally Posted by cookie_monster
Hello,

I applied as skilled worker,
and my time-line is

Applied July 2001 (Islamabad)
AOR Aug 2001
New Forms and Ielts required March 2004
New forms and Docs sent April 2004 (Did'nt Send IELTS)
Letter from CIC May 2004 (stating didnt recieve IELTS)

in the end, the letter also says that CIC will no longer be able to give any further information about my application.
I did not send IELTS because i did a bachelor's degree from U.S. and also worked here for one year. I explained this with the new forms i sent them that how i use english everyday.

now my question is ,what my application status would be?

because Eclient says in process since july 2001.

would CAIPS is of any help for me in this matter?

thank you.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:05 am
Forum Regular

oh God! Mr. Miller do u think i should take test now and send them the result.but the problem is the available dates for test in NY are sometime in August.What do you advise? and should i go for CAIPS?
thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:17 am

Yes, analyzing your CAIPS printout may give you some clue of what is going on.

And yes, don't be stubborn and don't waste any more time - take the IELTS test ASAP, if earlier dates are not available in NY then check in other places. You may still save your application, although (providing that I was correct with my original assessment) with each day passing your chances are getting smaller and smaller.

oh God! Mr. Miller do u think i should take test now and send them the result.but the problem is the available dates for test in NY are sometime in August.What do you advise? and should i go for CAIPS?
thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:42 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Yes, analyzing your CAIPS printout may give you some clue of what is going on.

And yes, don't be stubborn and don't waste any more time - take the IELTS test ASAP, if earlier dates are not available in NY then check in other places. You may still save your application, although (providing that I was correct with my original assessment) with each day passing your chances are getting smaller and smaller.
a blunder Mr. monster! get the IELTS done quickly and ur chances might be salvaged! hope u do it and get through! best of luck fr that.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Well thank you for your advice Mr. Miller. i just checked out, D.C. has dates available in March. I'll definitely go for that and also i'll request CAIPS print of my file.hope to hear something good from there.and thanks to you too amancharan!
P.S Mr. Miller do u think they are going to call me for interview in present circumstances?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:46 am

I have no idea. You may contact me directly once you get your CAIPS printout.

Well thank you for your advice Mr. Miller. i just checked out, D.C. has dates available in March. I'll definitely go for that and also i'll request CAIPS print of my file.hope to hear something good from there.and thanks to you too amancharan!
P.S Mr. Miller do u think they are going to call me for interview in present circumstances?