CAIPS Notes - yet again

Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Minca is on a distinguished road
Default CAIPS Notes - yet again

I have just received my CAIPS notes. Now if I had done a search before requesting them and read Andrew's advise about not applying for them before getting an IA I would not be so stressed. The damage is done they are in my hands and I'm stressed. They say "Paper file sent to PPS BF file to PPS on 10-10-2010 (The soccer World Cup here will have finished by then!) I've also read the sage words that one shouldn't worry about that date as it means nothing but I'm only human.

I have been waiting for 28 months and 14 days of a 24 to 30 months processing period. Yes I also know that processing times have lengthened but maybe I'm just looking for a little reassurance that I mustn't stress too much about that 2010 date. The latest times June 2006 say maximum 52 months in Pretoria and I'm more than half way to that awful timeline.

Maybe what my real question is If the BFD means nothing what actually triggers the application to come to the attention of a visa officer?

I also thought that the initial paper screening was done before they sent you an AOR but my PSDEC is 0. Nothing happened yet!

If it sounds like I'm rambling it's because I'm in a state of shock.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 9:23 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAIPS Notes - yet again

AOR is only what it means it is - an acknowledgment of receipt of your application, nothing more. It is not an indication that your application is complete, that you qualify, etc. - all of that will be determined at the time of initial assessment.

And nothing of any value will be in CAIPS before initial assessment.

Originally Posted by Minca
I have just received my CAIPS notes. Now if I had done a search before requesting them and read Andrew's advise about not applying for them before getting an IA I would not be so stressed. The damage is done they are in my hands and I'm stressed. They say "Paper file sent to PPS BF file to PPS on 10-10-2010 (The soccer World Cup here will have finished by then!) I've also read the sage words that one shouldn't worry about that date as it means nothing but I'm only human.

I have been waiting for 28 months and 14 days of a 24 to 30 months processing period. Yes I also know that processing times have lengthened but maybe I'm just looking for a little reassurance that I mustn't stress too much about that 2010 date. The latest times June 2006 say maximum 52 months in Pretoria and I'm more than half way to that awful timeline.

Maybe what my real question is If the BFD means nothing what actually triggers the application to come to the attention of a visa officer?

I also thought that the initial paper screening was done before they sent you an AOR but my PSDEC is 0. Nothing happened yet!

If it sounds like I'm rambling it's because I'm in a state of shock.