Wikiposts

CAIPS notes help needed...

Old May 19th 2005, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

pjb001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAIPS notes help needed...

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help with a CAIPS decode (Buffalo, Skilled Worker)

My notes say the following:

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: ROW ON 31/05/2005

STATUS SEC CRIM <BLANK>
MEDICAL STAGE M01 VALIDITY 15-02-2006
PS DECISION: 1 31/01/2005
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED:
SELECTION DECISION: 4 31/01/2005
SECURITY DECISION: <BLANK> 11/04/2005
OTHER REQ DECISION 0
MEDICAL DECISION: 0

The following is in the notes fields:

31/01/05 DOCS RECD: PPT, BIRTH CERT, EDUC DOCS, LTRS OF REF, FUNDS, UK PC DOCS REQD: RCMP NAME CHECK
31/01/05 MEDS AND INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER SENT ADVISING OF OUTSTANDING DOCS
31/01/05 RCMP NAME CHECK SENT
07/02/05 RCVD RCMP NAME CHECK RESULTS FOR SUBJECT. NEGATIVE

I received an interview waiver / no other documents required letter dated 31/01.

Does a date for SECURITY DECISION without a number means that this is the date it was applied for (rather than the date it was received), or is it just that the decision needs to be entered (like the medical results and hopefully the criminal check)

I'm assuming that these fields will be filled in on 31/05 (the BF date)?

Thanks,
Peter
Old May 19th 2005, 5:17 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAIPS notes help needed...

Originally Posted by pjb001
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help with a CAIPS decode (Buffalo, Skilled Worker)

My notes say the following:

PAPER FILE SENT TO PA FILE BF'D TO: ROW ON 31/05/2005

STATUS SEC CRIM <BLANK>
MEDICAL STAGE M01 VALIDITY 15-02-2006
PS DECISION: 1 31/01/2005
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED:
SELECTION DECISION: 4 31/01/2005
SECURITY DECISION: <BLANK> 11/04/2005
OTHER REQ DECISION 0
MEDICAL DECISION: 0

The following is in the notes fields:

31/01/05 DOCS RECD: PPT, BIRTH CERT, EDUC DOCS, LTRS OF REF, FUNDS, UK PC DOCS REQD: RCMP NAME CHECK
31/01/05 MEDS AND INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER SENT ADVISING OF OUTSTANDING DOCS
31/01/05 RCMP NAME CHECK SENT
07/02/05 RCVD RCMP NAME CHECK RESULTS FOR SUBJECT. NEGATIVE

I received an interview waiver / no other documents required letter dated 31/01.

Does a date for SECURITY DECISION without a number means that this is the date it was applied for (rather than the date it was received), or is it just that the decision needs to be entered (like the medical results and hopefully the criminal check)

I'm assuming that these fields will be filled in on 31/05 (the BF date)?

Thanks,
Peter
The BF date has nothing to do with scheduling decisions. It is a date that the officer chooses as being one where, if some action has not ocurred, it would be appropriate to check into the matter. That is to prevent files from "dieing on the vine" because some part of the process has not progressed properly. No one can really say when the security check will be completed. It depends on a number of factors such as countries you have lived in etc.
Old May 19th 2005, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
The BF date has nothing to do with scheduling decisions. It is a date that the officer chooses as being one where, if some action has not ocurred, it would be appropriate to check into the matter. That is to prevent files from "dieing on the vine" because some part of the process has not progressed properly. No one can really say when the security check will be completed. It depends on a number of factors such as countries you have lived in etc.
So I assume that a date but no number (pass,fail, etc) means that the results haven't been received. Thanks.
Old May 20th 2005, 12:14 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

So I assume that a date but no number (pass,fail, etc) means that the results haven't been received. Thanks.
Exactly. No number means no decision.
Old May 20th 2005, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Exactly. No number means no decision.
I know this is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions, but given my background (lived in UK all my life, moved to Canada in 2003 on a 3 year work permit), how long do the security checks typically take?

I was under the impression that this was one of the things that took the longest so it's a shame they don't apply earlier. However, I fully understand why they won't perform the check until everything else appears to be in order (no point in spending money and time if medicals or other issues could make you inadmissible, etc)
Old May 20th 2005, 1:19 am

I know this is one of those 'how long is a piece of string' questions, but given my background (lived in UK all my life, moved to Canada in 2003 on a 3 year work permit), how long do the security checks typically take?

I was under the impression that this was one of the things that took the longest so it's a shame they don't apply earlier. However, I fully understand why they won't perform the check until everything else appears to be in order (no point in spending money and time if medicals or other issues could make you inadmissible, etc)
They start the checks about the time they waive the interview so in fact they do things in parallel to save time.