Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CAIPS interpretation, Andrew/Jim/PMM please help

CAIPS interpretation, Andrew/Jim/PMM please help

Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

byron is on a distinguished road
Default CAIPS interpretation, Andrew/Jim/PMM please help

Hello experts,

My timeline is given below. I recently received my Buffalo CAIPS notes. In my CAIPS notes there are two lines:

Referral sent for PI (October 2004)
Referral for PI received (March 2005)

Based on previous postings of Andrew, the visa post may check my credentials (work experience, educations, ...) before or after IA. Has this referral been sent for checking my credentials :scared: (background check as per Andrew) or for my security check ?
Your kind reply is very welcome. Thank you very much in advance.

Byron

---------------------------------
Applied: May 2003 (Buffalo)
AOR: July 2003
IA: June 2004 (interview waived)
Meds & Docs: June 2004
RCMP PCC: Sep. 2004

Last edited by byron; Apr 7th 2005 at 2:12 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:01 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAIPS interpretation, Andrew/Jim/PMM please help

It can be referal about almost anything. Don't try to guess too much and you'll live longer ... :-)

PI stands for Principal Immigrant (principal applicant).

Originally Posted by byron
Hello experts,

My timeline is given below. I recently received my Buffalo CAIPS notes. In my CAIPS notes there are two lines:

Referral sent for PI (October 2004)
Referral for PI received (March 2005)

Based on previous postings of Andrew, the visa post may check my credentials (work experience, educations, ...) before or after IA. Has this referral been sent for checking my credentials :scared: (background check as per Andrew) or for my security check ?
Your kind reply is very welcome. Thank you very much in advance.

Byron

Applied: May 2003 (Buffalo)
AOR: July 2003
IA: June 2004 (interview waived)
Meds & Docs: June 2004
RCMP PCC: Sep. 2004
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It can be referal about almost anything. Don't try to guess too much and you'll live longer ... :-)

PI stands for Principal Immigrant (principal applicant).
Thanks Andrew for reply. But I got 4 for my selection decision in May 2004. IS it possible that, 10 months after making decision, they still check my credentials!!!?? If you have seen this case among your clients please let me know. In this case, I should ask experts to suggest me a quick and painless way to suicide in my next posting
Old Apr 7th 2005, 3:58 pm

Yes, it is still possible. Nothing is sure until final decision is made, you get visa and land as a PR, regardless what are all stages' decisions before the final one.

Thanks Andrew for reply. But I got 4 for my selection decision in May 2004. IS it possible that, 10 months after making decision, they still check my credentials!!!?? If you have seen this case among your clients please let me know. In this case, I should ask experts to suggest me a quick and painless way to suicide in my next posting
Old Apr 7th 2005, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Andrew,

Sorry to bother you again and thanks for your previous replies. I just found that a word is just covered up by something like white-out between REFERRAL and FOR in "REFERRAL FOR PI RECD." What do you think that word may be? Based on the length on the whited space it should be a three-character word. Sorry for asking this freakish question but I am sure they have whited-out some of the words because my current CAIPS seems to have some missing words compared to the CAIPS I got 3-4 months ago.
Thank you very much for your attention.

Byron
Old Apr 7th 2005, 6:25 pm

Quite often CAIPS printout is "censored" to some degree, especially when ordered through some commercial entity, not your lawyer or consultant representing you in your PR process.

Dear Andrew,

Sorry to bother you again and thanks for your previous replies. I just found that a word is just covered up by something like white-out between REFERRAL and FOR in "REFERRAL FOR PI RECD." What do you think that word may be? Based on the length on the whited space it should be a three-character word. Sorry for asking this freakish question but I am sure they have whited-out some of the words because my current CAIPS seems to have some missing words compared to the CAIPS I got 3-4 months ago.
Thank you very much for your attention.

Byron
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Quite often CAIPS printout is "censored" to some degree, especially when ordered through some commercial entity, not your lawyer or consultant representing you in your PR process.
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reply. I think I figured it out. The three-character missing word is very likely to be CHK and the whole message probably is "REFERRAL CHK FOR PI REVD." I got both CAIPS notes myself and no one represented me to obtain and it's still the unsolved part of the story.
BTW, thank you very much again for your kind attention and replies.

Byron