Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CAIPS information(Experts please suggest)

CAIPS information(Experts please suggest)

Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:10 am
Just Joined

param is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAIPS information(Experts please suggest)

Hello everybody,

after going through several posts, I came to know that one can order
CAIPS notes from agencies like caipesnotes.com and etc......

I am currently living in canada on a study permit and filed under skilled worker class category. Medicals already done long time back.

Now , I am giving a thought about obtaining CAIPS notes.

My concern is:

1. Do I have to authorize a third party to obtain CAIPS ? I am not comfortable with the idea of giving my File number and other personal information to others.

Is it possible to do all this stuff by myself? i.e. to obtain the status of my application without involving a third party considering the fact that I am living in Canada.

Thanking everyone in advance. I am looking forward to reply from all expereinced people on this excellent discussion forum. People like Mr. Miller, Jim, MJ23 and others have been doing great job.

Thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2005, 11:40 am
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CAIPS information(Experts please suggest)

Hi, I'm not one of the experts, but I am also a student in Canada and just successfully obtained my CAIPS notes.

You do not need anyone to do it for you if you are in Canada. Follow this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...m-imm5563.html

Fill out the form, send it with a check for $5, and proof that you are currently residing in Canada (I just sent a copy of my BC Driver's license that has the same address as my file on it).

In about a month, you will magically receive the CAIPS notes--all for $5.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inspace
Hi, I'm not one of the experts, but I am also a student in Canada and just successfully obtained my CAIPS notes.

You do not need anyone to do it for you if you are in Canada. Follow this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...m-imm5563.html

Fill out the form, send it with a check for $5, and proof that you are currently residing in Canada (I just sent a copy of my BC Driver's license that has the same address as my file on it).

In about a month, you will magically receive the CAIPS notes--all for $5.
To add to this. If you are requesting CAIPS for yourself, you dont even need to pay $5. It is free if it is a Personal Request. This means that not only you save $5, but you can also fax in your request, which saves time. I am now PR but when I was in process of waiting (on work visa) i faxed in my request twice and successfuly received CAIPS notes
Old Mar 7th 2005, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

macoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dimon237
To add to this. If you are requesting CAIPS for yourself, you dont even need to pay $5. It is free if it is a Personal Request. This means that not only you save $5, but you can also fax in your request, which saves time. I am now PR but when I was in process of waiting (on work visa) i faxed in my request twice and successfuly received CAIPS notes
that is right and if you are in canada, you do not need to pay anything to access your own information.

BTW:

What is the fax number?

Last edited by macoy; Mar 7th 2005 at 2:35 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by macoy
that is right and if you are in canada, you do not need to pay anything to access your own information.

BTW:

What is the fax number?
don't need to yell, you know.
Access to Information requests should be directed to:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Ave, 10th floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Tel.: (613) 946-0953
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Please look here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.html and look for personal request.

I think this forum is great but really lack FAQ section as same questions are being asked a thousand times. I would be willing to contribute and I'm sure the experts too. Moderator just needs to make an FAQ sticky.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

One more additions to CAIPS question. You can also direct it to Privacy Coordinator in your territory (i.e. for Ontario it's the office in Toronto on St. Clair)
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

macoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dimon237
don't need to yell, you know.
Access to Information requests should be directed to:

Public Rights Administration
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Narono Building
360 Laurier Ave, 10th floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Tel.: (613) 946-0953
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Please look here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/index.html and look for personal request.

I think this forum is great but really lack FAQ section as same questions are being asked a thousand times. I would be willing to contribute and I'm sure the experts too. Moderator just needs to make an FAQ sticky.
that is great, I did look there but failed to locate a fax number.

yes, u r right in suggesting a FAQ. Maybe you want to start a new thread to get the moderator's attention.

In case you faxed in your request, how long did it take to get response from them? I submitted a recent CAIPS request on Jan 20 by regular mail and have not heard back from them yet.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

yes, u r right in suggesting a FAQ. Maybe you want to start a new thread to get the moderator's attention.

In case you faxed in your request, how long did it take to get response from them? I submitted a recent CAIPS request on Jan 20 by regular mail and have not heard back from them yet.
That's about right. I got mine in a little over a month. They have 30 days to reply and they tend to use all of them. Add mailing time and you should get it any day now.
Old Mar 7th 2005, 4:26 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

30 days from date of receipt and they can extend an additional 30 days if needed.

PMM
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Hello Everyone and thanks for posting your detailed replies.....

great work...

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

30 days from date of receipt and they can extend an additional 30 days if needed.

PMM
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Everyone,

I just happen to go to the following website for obtaining CAIPS form.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...m-imm5563.html

In the form it mentions to provide "Consent"( On the footnote) and also at the following link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...m-imm5563.html

Does anyone who has got CAIPS using this form knows what needs to be done to give "consent" ?

thanking everyone in advance