Bunac/sponsorship, police check,

Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:12 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bunac/sponsorship, police check,

Originally Posted by Jonny B
Many apologies for the length of this post, i hope some of the info is of help to others and really appreciate the help and clarification from you.
Im just trying to reduce further tears in the house from my hun...

Punishment

(1.1) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) in a case not referred to in subsection (1.2) or (1.3) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years or is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction.
Offence involving bodily harm

(1.2) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) knowing that bodily harm has been caused to another person involved in the accident is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding ten years.

Offence involving bodily harm or death

(1.3) Every person who commits an offence under subsection (1) is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for life if

(a) the person knows that another person involved in the accident is dead; or

(b) the person knows that bodily harm has been caused to another person involved in the accident and is reckless as to whether the death of the other person results from that bodily harm, and the death of that other person so results.

Evidence

(2) In proceedings under subsection (1), evidence that an accused failed to stop his vehicle, vessel or, where possible, his aircraft, as the case may be, offer assistance where any person has been injured or appears to require assistance and give his name and address is, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, proof of an intent to escape civil or criminal liability.

Ok, after many up and downs im hopfully getting somewhere... I think i have to abandon the Bunac and ask for Information Only in the following 'Overcoming Criminal Inadmissability' application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/c...ion.asp#deemed

The guide gives a reasonable idea of what someone can expect.

The above criminal code indicates that I was at fault not leaving a name and address, though i did leave my car behind which is registered in my name and address. Dont know if thats means anything.
Im trying to work out if i am guilty of any Canadian offences, if so are they Indictable or Summary offences??

If it is two summary offences, and if the case is that, as usual the penalty points were removed from my licence after three years hence after this period I can apply for rehabilitation??

Im sure no expert and only spent the day researching and would love clarification from some wonderful people on here.

The other thing i dont understand is in the table from the guide, Overcoming criminal inadmissibility, page 6,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5312E.PDF

Conviction for two or more offences outside Canada that, if committed in Canada would constitute summary conviction offences

When deemed rehabilitated :- At least five years after the sentences imposed were served or to be served

When eligible to apply for rehabilitation :- Not applicable

Im not sure what to make of the N/A bit.

Sincerely,
Jonathan
I'm thinking from that information there that the N/A basically means that Canada would consider you automatically rehabilitated after 5 years from the sentence being imposed/served.