BUNAC Query

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Phoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nice
Default BUNAC Query

So BUNAC 2010 programme has just opened but it says in the application conditions that you must return the work authorisation application by 31st January 2010.

I don't understand this as last year you could apply for the Work Canada programme up until June, how would that be possible if you had to send the work authorisation application in by the end of January?

I'm confused, it doesn't really leave a long time to get police checks done, get references, change my wifes name on her passport etc, especially as it is now entering the Christmas period.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of
Default Re: BUNAC Query

Originally Posted by Phoresis
So BUNAC 2010 programme has just opened but it says in the application conditions that you must return the work authorisation application by 31st January 2010.

I don't understand this as last year you could apply for the Work Canada programme up until June, how would that be possible if you had to send the work authorisation application in by the end of January?

I'm confused, it doesn't really leave a long time to get police checks done, get references, change my wifes name on her passport etc, especially as it is now entering the Christmas period.
I can't see where it says that but either you've misunderstood the sentence or it's a typo I reckon.
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Phoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nicePhoresis is just really nice

Originally Posted by lucieg
I can't see where it says that but either you've misunderstood the sentence or it's a typo I reckon.
Thanks for your reply, it says it in the programme conditions pdf http://www.bunac.org/uk/members/form...Conditions.pdf

3: The latest date that an application for a Work Authorisation can be submitted to the
Canadian High Commission is 31st January 2010. If no application has been submitted by
this date then you will be deemed to have cancelled from the 2010 Work Canada
programme and no refund will be given.
Also

BUNAC will mail you an acceptance pack which will contain the visa application forms. These must be completed and returned along with the required attachments to BUNAC by 31 January 2010 so that we can submit them to the Canadian High Commission. BUNAC will email you once your Work Authorisation has been issued and you will have until 31st January 2011 (or earlier if your letter is issued in January 2010) to enter Canada.

Last edited by Phoresis; Dec 3rd 2009 at 9:02 am. Reason: More info
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Thanks for your reply, it says it in the programme conditions pdf http://www.bunac.org/uk/members/form...Conditions.pdf

Also
Interesting...I'd send Bunac an email and ask if that's a typo or you really do need to send all your stuff by the end of January. Seems a tall order especially getting the police check done over the holidays.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

I phoned them up today and they said that because there is such a high demand for this year they expect all of the visas to be gone by this Monday, hence why they have a date of January 31st 2010 to get the application completed by.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I phoned them up today and they said that because there is such a high demand for this year they expect all of the visas to be gone by this Monday, hence why they have a date of January 31st 2010 to get the application completed by.
Wow! I wonder why they're expected to go so quickly this year??

Thanks for posting that, just hope everybody thinking of BUNAC sees it and applies asap.

Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

enbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for posting this, would have had no idea BUNAC had opened otherwise! Got my place today, just got to start collecting all the various documents for my application now.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Oh for **** sake....

thanks for posting
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Hey guys, do Bunac want your C.v turned into a Canadian resume when they say, 'CV/Resume 1 page'?
Sorry to hijack thread...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Rodge9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Hey guys, do Bunac want your C.v turned into a Canadian resume when they say, 'CV/Resume 1 page'?
Sorry to hijack thread...
I don't think it matters since they're not potential employers, but as you're going to be going out to Canada next year anyway it might make sense to change it to a Canadian Resume?
Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

What do you think why there is such a run on those BUNAC's? Is it the Olympics??
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Rodge9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I asked BUNAC about the submission by the end of January thing and they said they weren't really sure either, but that the CHC had asked them to do it. They conjectured that it may be the CHC wanting to get the WHVs processed early in the year before all the other stuff they'll have to do later (presumably PR applications, TWPs etc)?