Wikiposts

Bunac query

Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:05 am
Just Joined

jamesrobert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bunac query

Hello,

I am currently applying for a bunac visa. I have received the work authorisation application forms and my handbook and am in the process of trying to attain my character reference. Now, assuming this all works out (fingers crossed), I would hopefully be travelling to Canada to work by say, February at the earliest.

I am travelling independently because I want to work in Saskatchewan (it came recommended from a friend who also worked there temporarily). Is there anyway I could find out information about applying for a SIN and setting up a bank account once I arrive in Saskatchewan?

Thanks for all the information you may be able to provide me with,
James.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:37 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bunac query

Hi James

Here is a link to the wiki which gives more info re the Sin Card, there is a link in this page which will take you to another page with info re where to go etc.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Social..._Number-Canada

As far as a bank account, you should be fine to approach any of the main banks when you get there to open an account, the likes of RBC, TD, HSBC etc with your work permit and sin card.

Good luck

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Dec 29th 2008 at 8:43 am.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

jamesrobert is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much! I've been so stressed with trying to get everything in order, you've helped me very much.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:44 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesrobert
Thank you so much! I've been so stressed with trying to get everything in order, you've helped me very much.
no probs
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

stubby42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your going to be working in Saskatchewan? Wow I didnt think I'd meet anyone else who wanted to go out there.

I did a semester abroad in regina then went back to the uk then did an internship with a film company in the city and now I'm working on immigrating.

Where abouts are you going to be living/working?
Old Dec 30th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

james
you can open an hsbc canadian account before you even set foot in canada we did and we are only visitors

huge luck