Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

the bunac program for non students?

the bunac program for non students?

Old Sep 26th 2004, 8:45 am
Just Joined

senden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the bunac program for non students?

hey i want to do the bunac program for non students and getting really excited about doing this but im worrying slightly on how easy it is to get in, from what they say in the info booklets, anybody can get in. Is it really that easy to get in? im basically an 18 year old with only GCSEs but i do have one special qualification on computer hardware. Can anyone shed some light on this matter for me please?
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:11 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: the bunac program for non students?

Originally Posted by senden
hey i want to do the bunac program for non students and getting really excited about doing this but im worrying slightly on how easy it is to get in, from what they say in the info booklets, anybody can get in. Is it really that easy to get in? im basically an 18 year old with only GCSEs but i do have one special qualification on computer hardware. Can anyone shed some light on this matter for me please?
A friend of mine decided she wanted to do this too. She applied at the end of May and was given her visa on the 10th June in readiness for her flight to Toronto on the 12th! She said it was really easy to get on and they seemed to process her almost immediately.

HOWEVER! She has been in Canada all this time and only managed to get a job VERY recently, for the first time since being there.....and it is only with a temping agency! She has a degree by the way and it didn't seem to help her in the slightest with getting employment, so be aware that you may need to take a sum of money with you to tide you over until you do manage to get a job. Very best of luck to you.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:14 am
Just Joined

thanks man, yeah she has a degree tho, getting in with a degree im sure is a lot easier than with just GCSES, as for the job thing i dont have a problem, a friend of mine is high up in a company who can help me out with a decent paying job.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:18 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

thanks man, yeah she has a degree tho, getting in with a degree im sure is a lot easier than with just GCSES, as for the job thing i dont have a problem, a friend of mine is high up in a company who can help me out with a decent paying job.
I wouldn't think that you would have a problem only having GCSE's?? Do they really put much stock in that on their website? You should go for it, especially if you have already got a job waiting for you. What do you have to lose? Go on, give it a try.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:20 am
Just Joined

im going to give it a try but i got 2 months to wait before i can reply and i dont wanna be planning for this until then and then finally getting declined, im pretty much investing everything i got into this and as you can imagine the thought of getting rejected is guna be hard to take.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:30 am
Premium Member

im going to give it a try but i got 2 months to wait before i can reply and i dont wanna be planning for this until then and then finally getting declined, im pretty much investing everything i got into this and as you can imagine the thought of getting rejected is guna be hard to take.
When you get this visa, does the year start from when you get it or when you enter Canada? If it is when you enter Canada then you have nothing to lose by applying now. I really don't think you should worry too much about being rejected. I knew loads of people that did this when I lived in the US in my (very) younger years. They all were accepted and I wouldn't have thought it has changed all that much. I honestly can't see any reason why they would reject you.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:33 am
Just Joined

i cant apply now you have to wait until late nov/early dec before you can apply. I think there is a good chance of rejection, i have umm a medical condition which requires me to take tablets which are mind altering (god that makes it sound bad.) Nevermind alls i can do is hope though i suppose.
Old Sep 26th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

it doesn’t make any difference if you only have GCSE’S, its a working holiday visa you don’t need qualifications to get it

QUOTE=senden]i cant apply now you have to wait until late nov/early dec before you can apply. I think there is a good chance of rejection, i have umm a medical condition which requires me to take tablets which are mind altering (god that makes it sound bad.) Nevermind alls i can do is hope though i suppose.[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 27th 2004, 6:10 am
Just Joined

ok cool .

I emailed Bunac they said i will get in fine from their side but its all about the Canadian Work Authorisation people who make the final choice so that sort of sucks for me because i dont thinkt hey would authorise me but i will remain hopeful.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 8:39 am
Premium Member

ok cool .

I emailed Bunac they said i will get in fine from their side but its all about the Canadian Work Authorisation people who make the final choice so that sort of sucks for me because i dont thinkt hey would authorise me but i will remain hopeful.
I think they will Senden. I haven't known anyone not to get this visa. Honestly, you don't have anything to be worried about. You WILL get in.
Old Sep 27th 2004, 8:52 am
Just Joined

thanks man, your words sooth my mind, here ..
Old Sep 27th 2004, 9:03 am
Premium Member

thanks man, your words sooth my mind, here ..
LMAO!!! Let us know how you get on.