BUNAC to permanent residency

Old Jul 11th 2009, 1:12 am
Just Joined

beckyjones99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BUNAC to permanent residency

I am going to Canada on the BUNAC programme in August 2009. I have already secured a job for a year. However, my employer would like to employ me on a continuous contract.

Does anybody have any ideas as to which application process is best to follow to extend my BUNAC year to permanent residency?

I do still have an application in as a skilled worker, which I sent off in November 2008. I have not had any reponse so far but I know I am not on the LIST of occupations in demand. Should I still be pursuing this avenue or looking at the provincial nominee programme?

Any advice would be welcome?

Becky
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:54 am
Just Joined

OlympicRudi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BUNAC to permanent residency

Originally Posted by beckyjones99
I am going to Canada on the BUNAC programme in August 2009. I have already secured a job for a year. However, my employer would like to employ me on a continuous contract.

Does anybody have any ideas as to which application process is best to follow to extend my BUNAC year to permanent residency?

I do still have an application in as a skilled worker, which I sent off in November 2008. I have not had any reponse so far but I know I am not on the LIST of occupations in demand. Should I still be pursuing this avenue or looking at the provincial nominee programme?

Becky
I went to Toronto with BUNAC & they had a firm of immigration lawyers come in & give us a presentation. A few of my friends stayed, but I came home to the UK to get a bit more work experience & cash behind me before I go permanently.

Although BUNAC wont directly help you(It's in their rules), they will point you in the right direction. Also don't worry about it, you have plenty of time to sort it out over there(where it's easier).

Also may I ask how you got your long distance job, I've been searching all over & struggled to find anything.

Edit: & by BUNAC I mean SWAP, since that's their Canadian counterparts & below is the email they sent out when I was over there about the immigration session.

SPECIAL IMMIGRATION SESSION

So you want to stay in Canada, EH? The work authorization you obtained through SWAP Working Holidays is only valid for a maximum of 12 consecutive months. Once the work authorization expires it cannot be extended or renewed. Due to the relationship and regulations with Canadian Foreign Affairs, as well as a conflict of interest, SWAP is NOT able to help persons seeking alternate ways of working and living in Canada beyond your working-holiday.

In order to help you as best as we can, SWAP has set up an informational session with some of the great people at Green & Spiegel especially for SWAPPERS! For those of you who don’t know, Green & Spiegel are the best immigration lawyers in the Canada. They have kindly volunteered their time to come in and help answer your questions.

WHEN: Tuesday, 22 AUGUST 2006, 3pm SHARP!!!
WHERE: TD Canada Trust bank @ 443 Queen Street West (Queen & Spadina)
HOW TO BOOK: please RSVP to [email protected] with “Immigration Session” as your subject line and list the full names of who will be coming

If you cannot attend please email SWAP at [email protected] to inform us in advance.

Best wishes,
SWAP Team

Last edited by OlympicRudi; Jul 11th 2009 at 6:34 am.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by beckyjones99

Becky
1. If your occupation is not on the "LIST" then you should expect a refusal.
2. Your employer would have to obtain an AEO if you wish to pursue a Skilled worker application.
3. It depends on the province and the employer if you are able to get a PNP certificate.
4. To apply under FSW2 the work must be in skill level A,B or O and you must work a full year in Canada to be eligible.
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:45 am
Just Joined

beckyjones99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks for both responses. In response to Olympic Rudi, I got my job because I had been out to Canada on an exchange previously and so had already established connections.

Quick question for PMM. Do you know whether I can get AEO and then just update my current application or do I have to start all over again?

I had expected to be refused but thought I would know by now I had as it's eight months down the line!