Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

BUNAC non-student 2009 for entry Jan 2010

Wikiposts

BUNAC non-student 2009 for entry Jan 2010

Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

atandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BUNAC non-student 2009 for entry Jan 2010

hello;

okay so I am in a bit of a pickle here! I participated in the 2008 non-student programme of 2008 when it briefly reopened for a week or so in June or July of last year.

My circumstances has now changed and though successfully having the visa from CHC, I have had to cancel my Vancouver flight that I had booked for 30th JAn 2009 (in a few weeks).

I have informed BUNAC that I wish to cancel the visa issued but asked if I could stay on and enter for Jan 2010 instead. BUt I now know I have to re-apply.

This is not a problem for me to re-apply.

But has anyone been in a situation like me before where you were on the non-student prgromme, could not go in the end, but could go on the following years non-student programme. basically applying for the non-student programme TWICE, why would or does the CHC have a problem with this?

I will call them again but just wondered if there was anyone in the Canada forum who's been in the exact situation that I am currently in.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: BUNAC non-student 2009 for entry Jan 2010

would really need some help on this pleeeeease!!!

ty
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

please can someone help, surely there has been someone in the situation I am in!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

people are reading my post, yet no reply!?!?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what you need help with?

As you said, if you notify BUNAC and officially cancel the 2008-9 visa without entering Canada and activating it then you have not used it and are then therefore eligible to re-apply under next year's programme.

You will need to re-apply again very soon if you want to get one of the 2009-10 allocation of visas, which permit entry between Feb 2009 - end of January 2010.

But I thought you knew all that anyway from what you'd written - so what was it you needed help with...?

I cancelled my 2007-8 visa as my circumstances changed and BUNAC said I could re-apply in future if I wished as I hadn't used it.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atandy
people are reading my post, yet no reply!?!?
Maybe that's because they don't know the answer (or don't understand your question)!

Best not to start harassing people for answers 45 minutes after posting the query either, have a bit of patience. Remember that everybody on here that posts advice does so in their own free time and for no fee - so be grateful if you get any response at all rather than demanding one!! If you're that desperate for quick advice then you'll have to contact an immigration lawyer.

As Adele said, I don't understand your query either, it seems you're sorted, but best of luck with it.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

My thread was based on the SIMPLE question, if you enrolled on a non-student programme with BUNAC, and do not end up going, are you still eligible for the next non-student programme?, the answers is YES!!!!!! incase anyone is answering. But thank you to BUNAC for clearing that up with me.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

umm this was my question:

But has anyone been in a situation like me before where you were on the non-student prgromme, could not go in the end, but could go on the following years non-student programme. basically applying for the non-student programme TWICE, why would or does the CHC have a problem with this?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

but nevermind sorted thanks to BUNAC.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atandy
umm this was my question:

Didn't I answer it?

Originally Posted by adele
I cancelled my 2007-8 visa as my circumstances changed and BUNAC said I could re-apply in future if I wished as I hadn't used it.
Oh well, I tried anyway...
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

lucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud oflucieg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by adele
Didn't I answer it?

Oh well, I tried anyway...
lol you did answer it...so I'll thank you for trying