BUNAC - My girlfriend.

Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

axai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BUNAC - My girlfriend.

Sorry for the multitude of posts today...

Facts:
- I have been with my girlfriend for 7 months
- We are going to Canada on the 31st of March
- I will be travelling on the BUNAC visa
- We are flying together
- My girlfriend is a Canadian Citizen

Problems:
- I am taking out an alternative insurance policy
- I am taking my own flight, with my girlfriend listed as a second passenger
- BUNAC want me to send proof of the above

Questions:
- Even though my girlfriend is NOT my common-law parter will I have a problem as I am flying with her?
- When I send my flight information to BUNAC will they see her listed as a passenger and query it?
- Will Canadian Immigration be unhappy with the fact that I will be living with her?

Sorry for the matter-of-fact layout, i just find it is easier to get my point across. Thanks for your help guys

Axai
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:47 am
Jedi

andrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond reputeandrewrb143 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BUNAC - My girlfriend.

I don't think it will be a problem. For all intents and purposes, the name on the flight information could simply be a travel companion.

Strange one though, why do they need to see proof of your flight? I sorted out my own flights whilst on BUNAC but was never asked for the information.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

ficklebow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BUNAC - My girlfriend.

andrew,

maybe it was different when u applied, but now if you are not doing bunac's flight option, but arranging your own, you have to send them proof of a 'return' ticket before they release your work authorisation letter