Bunac to IEC

Old Apr 13th 2011, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Stickyjim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bunac to IEC

Hi,

I'm currently in Calgary on a working holiday visa obtained through BUNAC which expires on 31st May.

I've only just been made aware that the rules have changed since i've been here and I can now get another working visa.

If I were to apply for an IEC now whilst in Canada, what is the likelyhood of me being granted another visa before my current one expires? As this is only 6-7 weeks away, to think that would happen is optimistic at best.

If I didn't get a new visa in time would I have implied status as I have applied for a new visa or would I have to leave the country?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James
Old Apr 13th 2011, 6:57 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bunac to IEC

zhi

Originally Posted by Stickyjim
Hi,

I'm currently in Calgary on a working holiday visa obtained through BUNAC which expires on 31st May.

I've only just been made aware that the rules have changed since i've been here and I can now get another working visa.

If I were to apply for an IEC now whilst in Canada, what is the likelyhood of me being granted another visa before my current one expires? As this is only 6-7 weeks away, to think that would happen is optimistic at best.

If I didn't get a new visa in time would I have implied status as I have applied for a new visa or would I have to leave the country?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James
1. It will be cutting it pretty close, note that you need the Police Certificate before you can apply so that will probably take you past the present expiry date.
2. No you wouldn't have implied status, as you are not waiting for a response from Vegreville for an extension request. So you will have to apply for an extension as a visitor to wait out the IEC request.
3. Note, you still have to exit Canada and re-enter to activate the new IEC and meet the criteria, insurance plane ticket.

I am currently in Canada on Working Holiday status and would like to apply participate again next year. When can I submit a new application to the IEC?

You may submit an application to the IEC at any time while we are accepting applications for an upcoming year. It is important to note that you cannot be issued a new temporary work permit until your current permit expires and that the Letter of Introduction you would be issued by the Visa Section at the High Commission of Canada to the UK is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Stickyjim is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your response. I did think as much but it's good to have confirmation.

How new does the police check need to be? When I requested one for my BUNAC application I got a second copy in case they asked for it at the border. I don't suppose this one would be acceptable would it? Even though I haven't been in the UK to commit a crime (not that I make a habit of it).

Thanks again for your response.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stickyjim
Thanks for your response. I did think as much but it's good to have confirmation.

How new does the police check need to be? When I requested one for my BUNAC application I got a second copy in case they asked for it at the border. I don't suppose this one would be acceptable would it? Even though I haven't been in the UK to commit a crime (not that I make a habit of it).

Thanks again for your response.
If you look at the IEC 'FAQ' page on the UK embassy website, it should give you the answers you need (it's also where the quoted text above from PMM came from). It says this about police certs:

I obtained a police certificate that I submitted for a previous application to the IEC initiative. Will it still be valid if I apply again? Do I need a new police certificate?

The police certificate you obtained and submitted as part of your previous IEC application is valid for 12 calendar months from the time of issue.