Just Joined

norfolk_globetrotter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BUNAC CANADA NON STUDENT

hate reading postings like what??
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:47 am
Just Joined

its good, everyone has theyre own views and oppinions!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norfolk_globetrotter
hate reading postings like what??
i think he means posts where people have said they have spent excessive amounts of money to get simple paper work done.

could be wrong though.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:26 am
Just Joined

thts not the case at all, i think they do a little more than that, if you went through the process you would realise what an expensive and complicated process it is.
the majoraty of tht money goes to the canadian government
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:47 am
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

thts not the case at all, i think they do a little more than that, if you went through the process you would realise what an expensive and complicated process it is.
Sadly thats just not the case. I've been through the process, it really isn't that complicated, and certainly not that expensive.

If you can afford to pay 6k, AND you end up where you want to be then no problem. Just be careful giving money away on a promise....
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:41 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

A temporary work permit (TWP) application costs C$150 per person. If your spouse also applies for a spousal open work permit (SOWP), which she can do once your PNP application has been approved by your destination province, that will cost another C$150.

If you have young children, they should need study permits, but some people get them to be on the safe side. They cost C$125 each.

The PNPs of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba do not charge any application fees (this is at the provincial level). BC's PNP charges a flat application fee of C$550. Nova Scotia's PNP charges a flat application fee of C$5,000.

When you get round to submitting your permanent residence (PR) application, the application fee will be C$550 for you, C$550 for your spouse, and C$150 for each child under the age of 22. When you get PR status, you and your spouse each have to pay a right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) of C$490.

So, just for the sake of this exercise, lets say you have two kids and you've applied to the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. The fees that you'd pay to the government would be as follows:

TWP for you ................................... 150
SOWP for spouse .............................. 150
Study permits for kids 125 x 2 ............. 250
PNP application .................................... 0
PR application 550 x 2 plus 150 x 2 ..... 1,400
RPRF 490 x 2 .................................. 980

TOTAL GOV'T FEES .......................... 2,930

If you've applied to BC's PNP, add C$550 to the above, bringing the total to C$3,480.

If you've applied to Nova Scotia's PNP, add C$5,000 to the above, bringing the total to C$7,930.

At today's exchange rate on the xe.com website, these amounts translate into GBP as follows:

AB, SK or MB scenario = C$2,930 = £1,552

BC scenario = $3,480 = £1,843

NS scenario = C$7,930 = £4200

Now subtract each of the above fee totals from the £6,000 you've paid to your immigration consultant.

If you are applying to the PNP of Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba, there is a £4,448 difference between the fees you've paid and the portion of your fees that will be going to the government.

If you're applying to BC's PNP, the difference is £4,157.

If you're applying to Nova Scotia's PNP, the difference is £1,800.
x
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

if you went through the process you would realise what an expensive and complicated process it is.
Most people on here have been through the process (and done it themselves), and it's not expensive or complicated at all - the company charging you have probably made it sound far more complicated than it really is so that you aren't aware of how easily you could have done it yourself.

In reality it's a 2 page form for TWP and approximately 5 page form for PNP (depending on the province) - so they are only doing 7 pages worth of paperwork for you. Taking off the fees they pay to government out of that, that's probably about £500 per page. Hardly a bargain.

I have nothing against immigration consultants and people paying to use them if it's necessary, which it is in some cases with complicated circumstances i.e. criminals records or entrepreneurs etc. But it annoys me when somebody like you, who is a trucker that has one of the easiest routes into Canada as your occupation is so in demand there, has been, in my view, ripped off.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 20th 2008 at 7:08 am.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 6:44 am
Just Joined

well when u put it like tht, hmm, how do i go about looking into doing it all myself then?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

well when u put it like tht, hmm, how do i go about looking into doing it all myself then?
You read the very excellent Wiki on this website! It's on the blue bar at the top of the page and has all the info you need. Start with these articles..........

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Truck_Driving_in_Canada

Just make yourself a cuppa (or grab a beer perhaps?!) and get reading, you'll soon figure it all out. And this forum is great if you've got any questions.

It might also be worth doing a search of the forum (top right) for 'trucker' or 'trucking' as there are loads of other truckers on here that have done it themselves so you will probably find lots of info from their previous threads.

As a truck driver you should find it very easy to get work and a TWP, best of luck.