Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Bunac to AEO to SWPR - PROBLEMS -any advice

Bunac to AEO to SWPR - PROBLEMS -any advice

Old Jan 8th 2010, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Bunac to AEO to SWPR - PROBLEMS -any advice

Hi - Any advice would be great.
A bit of back ground

* I arrived on A non student bunac visa in May 2009, wiht my partner (now wife)
* Sercured a Job in my field as a full time personal trainer (not on demanded job list) before we arrived.
* After a few very sucessful months - the company helped me to apply for a AEO.
* My line manager heard back in Dec, the goverment officer wanted proof to see that my contract was 30 hours (min a week).
* My contract is 24 hours a week (which is stated as full time - with a benefits package
* the company have supplied a supplementary letter to indicated that the hours which I work are 30 - 35 hours a week, and 24 is the min.
*I have yet to hear back from the goverment regarding this matter, and only have 4 months left in which to send my SWPR application, which i now know is cutting it a bit fine.
* The application is ready to go and I am sure it will need no further information just a medical.
* I am now facing reality that in 4 months its not going to happen!!
* I would now take the route of appling from the UK, using my 1 year of perm work expeirence in a full time job to enable me to be fast track for SWPR (6-12 months)

But I am now worried that my year of working will not count toward my application as its not '' full time'' 30 hours - this in turn means I have no way of applying for a SWPR.

Has anyone else had these same problems and have any advice?? I am so depressed about this situation as it may leave us know way of now moving permently - The is almost no other options left!!!

any advice etc would be much appricated!!

Thanks
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bunac to AEO to SWPR - PROBLEMS -any advice

Originally Posted by garethnock
Hi - Any advice would be great.
A bit of back ground

* I arrived on A non student bunac visa in May 2009, wiht my partner (now wife)
* Sercured a Job in my field as a full time personal trainer (not on demanded job list) before we arrived.
* After a few very sucessful months - the company helped me to apply for a AEO.
* My line manager heard back in Dec, the goverment officer wanted proof to see that my contract was 30 hours (min a week).
* My contract is 24 hours a week (which is stated as full time - with a benefits package
* the company have supplied a supplementary letter to indicated that the hours which I work are 30 - 35 hours a week, and 24 is the min.
*I have yet to hear back from the goverment regarding this matter, and only have 4 months left in which to send my SWPR application, which i now know is cutting it a bit fine.
* The application is ready to go and I am sure it will need no further information just a medical.
* I am now facing reality that in 4 months its not going to happen!!
* I would now take the route of appling from the UK, using my 1 year of perm work expeirence in a full time job to enable me to be fast track for SWPR (6-12 months)

But I am now worried that my year of working will not count toward my application as its not '' full time'' 30 hours - this in turn means I have no way of applying for a SWPR.

Has anyone else had these same problems and have any advice?? I am so depressed about this situation as it may leave us know way of now moving permently - The is almost no other options left!!!

any advice etc would be much appricated!!

Thanks

Hi
If you work between 30-35 hours per week, can you send CIC a copy of your pay checks to show you are working "full time hours"? Just a suggestion as the thought popped into my head while reading your thread.
Not sure if that would suffice or not, but its worth a try. My job says something similar.....guaranteed a minimum of 20something hours, but I work 37.5.
You should email CIC or get your employer to give them a nudge, although since you are "in progress" if they haven't processed you by May can't you stay until it is completed???

Best of luck.
Old Jan 9th 2010, 2:10 am
Forum Regular

hi Pinzo - I am sure that because I am on a BUNAC visa - onc eit is expired - teh application becomes viod - as I would not be able to work legally.

Thanks for oyur adivce - I may just put together a bunch of pay slips to show the hours worked!! good plan

G
Old Jan 10th 2010, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

any other tips or advice?
Old Jan 10th 2010, 5:17 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garethnock
hi Pinzo - I am sure that because I am on a BUNAC visa - onc eit is expired - teh application becomes viod - as I would not be able to work legally.

Thanks for oyur adivce - I may just put together a bunch of pay slips to show the hours worked!! good plan

G
Can you not continue to work once the application has been submitted whilst you're waiting for a decision?